4-H-er thread!

Pics
I get to pick my Market goat out this month, at our next meeting! Thats the nice thing about having your leader being a breeder, at least ours, lets us have first pick of wethers! It was cool, I saw them two months ago at less than a week old, so I am exited!

That's exciting! :)

This is a picture I took yesterday.

Still waiting for this pullet to start laying... she was acting yesterday so i am hoping today is the day

The chicks are getting big and I am still waiting to find the NNs I will be taking for the market trio.

It's interesting that you can show NN's as market birds. Here at our fair, the only market breeds you can show are Cornish X's and Red Rangers.

I was looking at the 2016 ND State Fair schedule it's the same for this year most likely, you can do the early penning, at 5 to 8 pm p.m. on Friday which I think i will do so its not such a rush. Poultry show starts on Sunday at 11am. And then the release of poultry is 6 p.m. on Monday. I have to wait and see when the regular time check in for poultry is this year, if I'm going up there with Annika I have to do what will work best for her and her sheep.

I just remembered that my county is building their own fair grounds!! I can't wait to be able to show in a permanent facility and not have to worry so much about setting up and taking down!

I just remembered that my county is building their own fair grounds!! I can't wait to be able to show in a permanent facility and not have to worry so much about setting up and taking down!

Oh, that's great! :) And, a question for everyone here, does anyone else's county's have 4-H milkshakes? At our county (I'm actually pretty sure that all the county's in Ohio do this) we have a barn that we call the "milkshake barn" and 4-H members, staff, and volunteers run it the entire week of fair. All the money we get from it goes towards scholarships and other things our 4-H program needs. I was just wondering if anyone else does it......:)

Oh, that's great! :) And, a question for everyone here, does anyone else's county's have 4-H milkshakes? At our county (I'm actually pretty sure that all the county's in Ohio do this) we have a barn that we call the "milkshake barn" and 4-H members, staff, and volunteers run it the entire week of fair. All the money we get from it goes towards scholarships and other things our 4-H program needs. I was just wondering if anyone else does it......:)

Nope it sounds like it's just a glorified fundraiser. Usually we do lunches, breakfasts or suppers for ours

A really good breeder of LF Black and Blue Cochins wants to trade eggs with me! This means so much to me and my project!

Back
Top Bottom