4-H-er thread!

Pics
I am getting a bunch of new birds! Well not that many but they are expensive.
So here's the list
1× Icelandic Pullet
1× Icelandic Cockerel
1× Bielfelder Pullet
1× Bielfelder Cock
1× Bresse Cockerel
3× Bresse Pullets
2× Naked Neck Hens
2× Red Sex Link Pullets
3× Svart Hona x Isbar crossed not sure on gender.
1× Swedish Flower Hen Cock
1× Swedish Flower Hen Pullet
1× Cuckoo Maran Hen

I am also getting transport boxes, an incubator, large dog kennel, smaller dog kennel, feeders and Waterers.

And so now your thinking wow you're going to go broke well.......................... This person is moving and cannot take the chickens with her and she is giving everything to me for free!! Of course I am giving her some money though

Last edited:
I am getting a bunch of new birds! Well not that many but they are expensive.
So here's the list
1× Icelandic Pullet
1× Icelandic Cockerel
1× Bielfelder Pullet
1× Bielfelder Cock
1× Bresse Cockerel
3× Bresse Pullets
2× Naked Neck Hens
2× Red Sex Link Pullets
3× Svart Hona x Isbar crossed not sure on gender.
1× Swedish Flower Hen Cock
1× Swedish Flower Hen Pullet
1× Cuckoo Maran Hen

I am also getting transport boxes, an incubator, large dog kennel, smaller dog kennel, feeders and Waterers.

And so now your thinking wow you're going to go broke well.......................... This person is moving and cannot take the chickens with her and she is giving everything to me for free!! Of course I am giving her some money though

Wow! thats cool!

Everyone is doing well here and I'm starting to count down days til the first show
Here are some of mine taken the last 2 days. They are 3 weeks and 1 day today

And then some of the cochins of course. I started collecting eggs for hatching yesterday, but did not get a single egg today

And of course the lighting sucked so this pullet looks way lighter then she actually is...

Here Are the pens I am getting the eggs for hatching from. Next time I am switching all birds to the black cockerel excpet the blue hen, she will go with the Frizzle and I will have some chicks I can sell right away from them.

For sure this pen. 2 blue pullets and a blue frizzle Cock

Pullet #1

Pullet #2 she is sun bleached

Cock that's breeding them

Here's the 2nd pen. The cockerel still has not made am attempt at breeding. And only the Blue blue hen is laying

Black Frizzle pullet, not laying

Blue Hen

Here's the cockerel, not breeding yet but I'm Hoping he will before set day. He is only 6 months though..

Hey guys, I'm doing chickens for the first time. If I do the breeding project can I buy 10 baby chicks? Will I still show them at the fair with the breeding project? I'm a noobie, so can you guys give me some information please.

Hey guys, I'm doing chickens for the first time. If I do the breeding project can I buy 10 baby chicks? Will I still show them at the fair with the breeding project? I'm a noobie, so can you guys give me some information please.

First i would recommend purchasing chicks from breeders.
I am kind of confused at your question. Do you mean you are signing up for breeding project and then wondering if you can show them in the breeding class?
Also they will be young and won't place well unless your fair is later then October since they would be about 6 months then

Last edited:
You're a little late getting chicks for fair now.....most fairs are in the summer and they will be only 4 months old by then.

Setting 14 Blue and Splash Cochin eggs!

Cool! Are they for the easter hatchalong? I set 13... there are some really cool breeds there that i would love to show at fair depending on size at entries!

Ive got 3 jersey giants that i am really exited about... the rooster is huge!
2 blue eggs that are either true americaunas, or cream legbars. She couldnt remember what pen they came from lol
2 chocolate orpingtons
3 f2 olive eggers
1 f3 olive egger
1 golden cuckoo maran egg... which as a good color for a non black copper
And my last minute addition of a black austrolorp serama cross that I put in just to see what it looks like

Back
Top Bottom