4-H-er thread!

Pics
Here are some of my new chicks I am showing in pullet/cockerel (I think I may have one cockerel) classes; Unfortunately one of the Easter Eggers has a scissor beak, so I probably wont show her:( I have 7;
2 Easter eggers
1 Black Star
1 FRIZZLE COCHIN BANTAM:wee
1 Silver laced wyandotte
2 Barred Rock bantams
20170524_191020.jpg
Pebbles; SLW
20170524_190744.jpg
Razzy; Red frizzle cochin bantam:lovefirst frizzle but thinking he might be a roo, anyone?
20170519_191359 (1).jpg

Phasma(Starwars yes) and Maizee; barred rock bantams
Not pictured:
Nova; Black star
Tink; EE
Muffin; EE

My show is in 28 days! I am so excited!
Good luck!!

Sorry i havent been posting much, or been on, its been crazy!! We where trying to get record books done, fair entries, gettivg ready for fair, and new leadership in the club. I am my clubs new secretary! For our first fair, I am unfortunately not taking any chickens, because the chicken show if during the pig show, which is my priority as I have invested a ton of time and money into the project. So at that fair, I will be showing 2 hogs, and a meat goat. At the state fair I will be showing dairy goats, and at our third fair, I am going to show dairy goats, meat goat, and possibly chickens depending on the schedule, because again, the market animals are priority to be shown this year over the chickens! Update on my flock:
I have 9 "chicks" 2 jersey giants, which appear to be a pair which i am exited about, 2 cream legbars, which are a pair, 2 olive eggers, im thinking are both boys but im not sure on one. A golden cuckoo maran, who i think is a girl, a cuckoo maran, who is a girl, and a cochin who is a girl. I am down to three adult chickens now. One went due to vent gleet, 2 to predators and one to unknown causes.
(Thinking something heart related) On the bright side, i will probably be keeping almost all of the chicks, minus a rooster or two!

WOW! That's soon! Our fair isn't until mid-August, good luck! Please tell us how you do!
That's the only time of year us farm and ranch kids can do it... between branding, the first cut of hay, and the second cut of hay most years.

Here's the 2 best cochins, I'm Hoping they can get Reserve and Grand in 4H amd possibly BV and RV and maybe RB at state
20170525_103518.jpg
Blue Pullet

20170531_105231.jpg

Black Cockerel

I think I will be going to 3 shows this year. The next one after county which is on June 29, is the RRVF, I would get there in the 10 and the show is on the 12 I think. I would show in open though, as it is in another county and so I can not show in 4H. And I would rather get some more open show poultry experience

I realized I haven't posted in here for a while. So the fair is this week I'm doing 1 dozen Brown and white eggs. And for poultry I'm doing Black Cochin Cockerel, Black Frizzle Cochin Pullet, Blue Cochin Pullet, and a Partridge Chantecler Hen, and I am using the blue Cochin for showmanship. My younger sister is taking a Bielefelder hen and using my Chantecler for showmanship.
My sister and I washed the Chantecler, Bielefelder and Frizzle yesterday and today we're doing the 2 remaining cochins.

Results from county fair

Blue Cochin Pullet
Grand Champion Senior Showmanship
Grand Champion Pullet
Reserve Champion Junior Showmanship with my younger sister
Reserve Champion Overall she lost to a pretty good Australorp in terms of body and head, it's legs weren't the right color, and looked like to have scale mites. The Pullet also lost because she had a few woodchips in her thigh feathers.

Black Cochin Cockerel
Grand Champion Cockerel

Partridge Chantecler Hen
Reserve Champion Hen

Black Frizzle Cochin Pullet
Technically got Reserve Champion Pullet but our county has a rule that 2 birds from the same person cannot win reserve and Grand. So it was given to a pretty nice looking 4 month RIR

View attachment 1060277 View attachment 1060278 View attachment 1060279 View attachment 1060280 View attachment 1060281 View attachment 1060282

Back
Top Bottom