4-H-er thread!

Pics
results from the dairy goat show today!

In my Jr. Showmanship class I won, So I moved up to sr, then got 2nd! That was pretty cool!

with my doeling, she won her jr. kid class, then moved onto jr (Non Milkers) Class, and Championed there, So we moved onto best of breed, and she reserve Championed there! In bred and owned we got last, but i think that is because she was the youngest there, it is hard to tell. 

The doe got a first (only one in there) and then went onto sr. does (milkers) and reserve championed there. Her mom ended up winning best doe in show!

In dam and daughter we got second place, right after my does dam, and her daughter!
Great job!!!!!!!

thanks! I am exhausted and have to get chickens ready by wednesday, so i have to pack and bathe. I am giving two baths, one tomorrow and one wednesday morning

thanks! I am exhausted and have to get chickens ready by wednesday, so i have to pack and bathe. I am giving two baths, one tomorrow and one wednesday morning

I gave baths one week before, my Red Sex Link trio was so dirty!! I gave baths the night before cause they were all so dirty!! Then got up at 3am to blow dry some Cochins who hadn't dried off yet, they were extra fluffy though
1f602.png

Last edited:
I gave baths one week before, my Red Sex Link trio was so dirty!! I gave baths the night before cause they were all so dirty!! Then got up at 3am to blow dry some Cochins who hadn't dried off yet, they were extra fluffy though
1f602.png
My chickens are that way, i have to give them two baths, and if i give them a bath the day we take them to fair they will be somewhat clean at the time i show them

Oh my gosh, 3 am! I would be EXHAUSTED.
Same!

Jamie Matt's is having an auction for a blue, black, or splash frizzle cockerel, and a smooth pullet of blue, black, or splash.
I could get them shipped at the same time as the other 2 I am getting but I'm wondering what you guys think I should do.. As long as the price of them doesn't go over $100, I'm ok with the price plus shipping. But I'm wondering if it'd be better to wait until next year and see what I am able to hatch out of Gary, my blue frizzle, or get some chicks from Jamie..
Edited cause I can't spell
1f602.png

Jamie Matt's is having an auction for a blue, black, or splash frizzle cockerel, and a smooth pullet of blue, black, or splash.
I could get them shipped at the same time as the other 2 I am getting but I'm wondering what you guys think I should do.. As long as the price of them doesn't go over $100, I'm ok with the price plus shipping. But I'm wondering if it'd be better to wait until next year and see what I am able to hatch out of Gary, my blue frizzle, or get some chicks from Jamie..
Edited cause I can't spell
1f602.png

That is a tough one... If you don't get those you could probably hatch more... Its really up to you!

results from the dairy goat show today!

In my Jr. Showmanship class I won, So I moved up to sr, then got 2nd! That was pretty cool!

with my doeling, she won her jr. kid class, then moved onto jr (Non Milkers) Class, and Championed there, So we moved onto best of breed, and she reserve Championed there! In bred and owned we got last, but i think that is because she was the youngest there, it is hard to tell.

The doe got a first (only one in there) and then went onto sr. does (milkers) and reserve championed there. Her mom ended up winning best doe in show!

In dam and daughter we got second place, right after my does dam, and her daughter!

Very nice! Next year for fair my sister is doing Dairy Goat, I'm doing Dairy and Market Goat, and my sister, brother and myself are all doing poultry. We're really busy in 4-H this year - my sister and I have nine projects apiece, and in his first year my brother has four!

Back
Top Bottom