4 legged chick Clover

Pics
I just needed to write down some thoughts. I figured if I put it here she would maybe see it.

Dear sweet Clover,
I can’t even express to you in words how much I miss you baby. I was so looking forward to your first egg, first full flight, first night in the new coop. I wish I could have done more for you. I love you Clover. I love you and I hope you are eating all the mealworms and watermelon you can find. I’m so grateful my last moments with you were happy. I do dearly wish I could have held you as you passed away. I wish I could say I’m treating your sisters like queens but in all honesty I feel numb to them. Every time I look at lilac and rugger I just feel bad. They miss you so much. You have no idea. I miss you too. I love you.
  • When did you first get your chicken?
March 10 2021 she was born on the 8th.

• Do you know what breed he/she was?
Buff Brahma

• How about telling us about her/his personality and other striking features?
Her name was clover. She was just the sweetest pullet. Kinda shy and a little weird. She would always be just a little bit behind everyone else. She had the most beautiful black feathers on her head. Right at the top.

• What was particularly special about this chicken for you?
Clover used to have 4 legs. We had them amputated in early June and I was so excited to see her run. Which she did. But not nearly long enough.

• What happened? Do you know how he/ she died?
My neighbors dog was able to grab her through the fence after she escaped the yard.

• What effect did that have on you, and on your family?
We are all completely broken. She was everyone’s favorite chick. All the vet visits and medications we had to give her made her very comfortable with people. I wish I could have her back.

• If you could say a few words to your chicken now, what would they be?
I love you. You were the most special creature I have ever met. I’m so sorry this had to be the way you went. I didn’t even get to say goodbye. I love you so much baby. I wish I could hold you one last time.

I just needed to write down some thoughts. I figured if I put it here she would maybe see it.

Dear sweet Clover,
I can’t even express to you in words how much I miss you baby. I was so looking forward to your first egg, first full flight, first night in the new coop. I wish I could have done more for you. I love you Clover. I love you and I hope you are eating all the mealworms and watermelon you can find. I’m so grateful my last moments with you were happy. I do dearly wish I could have held you as you passed away. I wish I could say I’m treating your sisters like queens but in all honesty I feel numb to them. Every time I look at lilac and rugger I just feel bad. They miss you so much. You have no idea. I miss you too. I love you.
  • When did you first get your chicken?
March 10 2021 she was born on the 8th.

• Do you know what breed he/she was?
Buff Brahma

• How about telling us about her/his personality and other striking features?
Her name was clover. She was just the sweetest pullet. Kinda shy and a little weird. She would always be just a little bit behind everyone else. She had the most beautiful black feathers on her head. Right at the top.

• What was particularly special about this chicken for you?
Clover used to have 4 legs. We had them amputated in early June and I was so excited to see her run. Which she did. But not nearly long enough.

• What happened? Do you know how he/ she died?
My neighbors dog was able to grab her through the fence after she escaped the yard.

• What effect did that have on you, and on your family?
We are all completely broken. She was everyone’s favorite chick. All the vet visits and medications we had to give her made her very comfortable with people. I wish I could have her back.

• If you could say a few words to your chicken now, what would they be?
I love you. You were the most special creature I have ever met. I’m so sorry this had to be the way you went. I didn’t even get to say goodbye. I love you so much baby. I wish I could hold you one last time.
Ghost Hug GIF

Clover was so lucky to have you as her human.

We’ve all lost an animal at some point, and I know exactly how you feel. It’s hard, and never gets easier, but she’s in a better place. She was very loved and will never be forgotten. I know sorry won’t be enough, but I am really sorry. I hope her sisters continue to flourish for years and years to come, and clover will eat anything and everything she wants up in heaven. I’m praying for you and hope you will feel a bit better soon! :love

Back
Top Bottom