4 Unkowns first feathers are mostly in

KesslerFlock14

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
I bought 4 chicks a week after I bought my first five.
A few days to a week and a half old pictures
A week old to two and a half weeks old pictures

Hi!

Okay, so I'm still trying to figure out what some of my chicks are. I know for sure that I have 4 Barred Plymouth Rock Pullets. I'm pretty sure that I also have a Buff Orpington Pullet.

There are four chicks that I'm not certain on.

1) Vix

I think he's a RIR cockerel. I got this chick from the Pan Fry bin.
Same with this little chickie (below)

2) Angel

Straight Run Assorted Bantams

3) Fluffy Bottoms (depending on gender, I'd like to change his/her name).

4) Lossi (Short for Velociraptor)

And because I love my girlies:
Daisy (she's so curious all the time)
Duchess (she tries to take dust baths in my lap)
... She has The Joker markings on either side of her beak, so I really want to name her something related to The Joker :p

My unnamed baby girls, I can't differentiate them yet, so I haven't named them :/

So any help on determining what breed and gender #1, #2, #3, and #4 are would be really helpful, thank you!

Hi! Thank you for your reply, however, the Partridge Rock chicks don't look like #4 when he/she was a chick. #4 looked more like a chipmunk.

Oh! That looks just like Lossi did when she/he was a chick! (Checked out Cackle Hatchery for pics
thumbsup.gif
)
Thank you!

It's a bit easier to do research on sexing chicks once a breed is established. That's how I figured out Vix was a cockerel. I used the RIR sexing tips. I sort of thought Vix was going to be a cockerel :p (I'm so not allowed to get anymore chickens.... My mom almost made me return all of them after I brought the second batch home)

Back
Top Bottom