4 week old assorted bantams, is there an easy way to sex them?

HasaQuestion

Hatching
8 Years
Mar 27, 2011
I recently bought 6 bantam chicks and was going to wait until they were full grown to find out which were boy and which were girls. But now my chicks are starting to fight each other. This is my first time owning chickens so I'm wanting to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. Is it okay to just wait? And is there a simple way to sex them?

Thank you!
jumpy.gif

You should be able to tell if they are male or female after a few weeks. The males will have noticeably redder combs and thicker feet. At least with some breeds that is.

Last edited:
MY Rooster can't crow no more sounds like got a cold or something he trys justs makes a squek sound help

The good news is the assorted bantams that I have got in the past have been fast maturing. Last year I had to take two roos out way earlier than I have with the big breeds. They wanted to pick on all the other chicks. Drew blood.

All you chickens spar its no biggy,its like little boys who have to wrestle with each other.
Like kittens and puppys when they play with each other,its all a part of growing up and learning....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom