4 week old chicks

chiklet525

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 31, 2015
New Jersey
I will be getting three 4 week old light brahma hens in 2 weeks. I am getting everything prepared. I brought save a chick electrolyte and probiotic. It says they can be mixed together in 1 gallon of water. It also says mix a fresh batch every day. I will never use a gallon in a day. Each envelope of mix is .25oz. I'm wondering if any one else has run into this problem. What should I do? Do I make a gallon and use it each day until its gone, does it lose its benefits doing this? Do I attempt to try and measure some and mix it each day? I'm uncertain how much mix and water to even use?

I think it is helpful to give chicks that have come through the mail either electrolytes or NutriDrench. With the little packets, I just sprinkle a bit in their water--I never bother to measure.

Thank you for the replies. The chicks will be coming in the mail so I think I will offer electrolytes for a day or two. Then I will just continue with the probiotics or ACV in the water.

Thank you for the replies. The chicks will be coming in the mail so I think I will offer electrolytes for a day or two. Then I will just continue with the probiotics or ACV in the water.
Do the electrolytes for 2-3 days then just give them clean fresh water. ACV is not the miracle tonic it's touted to be.

use 1/4 of a packet in a quart of water once a day. once they drink it, give them normal water.

Back
Top Bottom