4 week old Lavender Olive Egger and French White Marans Roos to good home (Kentucky)

Hahahaha, that’s so true!!!! I never realized how much FUN it is to have chickens. They are awesome! 😂 I think you’re right about the coops too.... I was just so excited to get baby chicks the coop being so flimsy didn’t even occur to me 🤦🏽‍♀️.

Ok I will try it tonight! Cross your fingers!! 🙏🙏
It is sooo much fun!!! I got mine about 5 years ago and have really grown attached to them!! They all have such unique personalities and names and even my parents are attached! Lol started with 9 added 5 more last year plus got an incubator and hatched for the first time ever (9 hatched, 8 roosters LMAO) then this year I added 9 more chicks, 2 parakeets, and quail which air also hatched. And kept a rooster and just let my broody hatch eggs from him 😂🤣:th he sadly passed away the other day but I have another cockerel too LOL never thought I’d have roosters or quail or hatch anything 😂🤣 BE VERY CAREFUL OF CHICKEN MATH 😂🤣 I’m up to like 21 chickens and a bunch of quail now lol

And yeah same! We just needed something fast. Probably same for most people.

And good luck!

It is sooo much fun!!! I got mine about 5 years ago and have really grown attached to them!! They all have such unique personalities and names and even my parents are attached! Lol started with 9 added 5 more last year plus got an incubator and hatched for the first time ever (9 hatched, 8 roosters LMAO) then this year I added 9 more chicks, 2 parakeets, and quail which air also hatched. And kept a rooster and just let my broody hatch eggs from him 😂🤣:th he sadly passed away the other day but I have another cockerel too LOL never thought I’d have roosters or quail or hatch anything 😂🤣 BE VERY CAREFUL OF CHICKEN MATH 😂🤣 I’m up to like 21 chickens and a bunch of quail now lol

And yeah same! We just needed something fast. Probably same for most people.

And good luck!
Hahaha I love that about all your chickens and quail!! 😂 I’m sorry your rooster passed 😞. I love having chickens so much I don’t understand how some people only have a few of them!

Update on the hens and the coop last night.... my husband wasn’t ready to evict them from our house yet. I think he actually likes having them in here 🤣🤣🤣. I’m not the only one with chicken fever I guess, haha!!

Hahaha I love that about all your chickens and quail!! 😂 I’m sorry your rooster passed 😞. I love having chickens so much I don’t understand how some people only have a few of them!

Update on the hens and the coop last night.... my husband wasn’t ready to evict them from our house yet. I think he actually likes having them in here 🤣🤣🤣. I’m not the only one with chicken fever I guess, haha!!
That’s gonna be you soon if you’re not careful 😂🤣😜

Thank you! We all miss him, even my parents shockingly. Everyone loved him. He was very handsome and sweet and a great rooster.

And yeah I don’t get it either!! My dad limited me for a long time then got attached and finally approved more last year lol 😂🤣 didn’t tell him about any of the hatches or this years chicks but he got attached to them too and loved the rooster 😂🤣 and the new chicks he loves lol

And OMG that’s hilarious and adorable!!! Hahah my dad gets attached to my birds too 😂🤣 he always says he doesn’t want more or a rooster or this isn’t a farm etc. but he’s always out there talking to them and digging them up worms and stuff and he loved Jack 😂🤣🥰

That’s gonna be you soon if you’re not careful 😂🤣😜

Thank you! We all miss him, even my parents shockingly. Everyone loved him. He was very handsome and sweet and a great rooster.

And yeah I don’t get it either!! My dad limited me for a long time then got attached and finally approved more last year lol 😂🤣 didn’t tell him about any of the hatches or this years chicks but he got attached to them too and loved the rooster 😂🤣 and the new chicks he loves lol

And OMG that’s hilarious and adorable!!! Hahah my dad gets attached to my birds too 😂🤣 he always says he doesn’t want more or a rooster or this isn’t a farm etc. but he’s always out there talking to them and digging them up worms and stuff and he loved Jack 😂🤣🥰
It’s too hard not to love them!! We put the girls in the coop with the others last night and I feel like I’m having chicken withdrawals 🤣😭

Awww I’m sorry! They’ll be okay! :hugs I know how it feels being an empty nester though LOL
The others still aren’t really “accepting” them - they stay at a distance during the day and the others don’t let the 2 eat at the same time.... it doesn’t look like they’ve been picking on them since all feathers look in tact but do you think I should be worried? Or will the eventually all get along?? I keep thinking I should bring them back inside tonight 😂🙈

The others still aren’t really “accepting” them - they stay at a distance during the day and the others don’t let the 2 eat at the same time.... it doesn’t look like they’ve been picking on them since all feathers look in tact but do you think I should be worried? Or will the eventually all get along?? I keep thinking I should bring them back inside tonight 😂🙈
Nahh I wouldn’t be worried! That’s all pretty normal and I’m actually surprised they haven’t been picking on them. Mine are sometimes relentless to newbies with chasing, etc. haha so yours seem good!! And separating them a lot can actually make it worse cause they have to reestablish the pecking order every time they get reintroduced so I would just keep them together and let them figure it out as long as nobody is being hurt. :)

Nahh I wouldn’t be worried! That’s all pretty normal and I’m actually surprised they haven’t been picking on them. Mine are sometimes relentless to newbies with chasing, etc. haha so yours seem good!! And separating them a lot can actually make it worse cause they have to reestablish the pecking order every time they get reintroduced so I would just keep them together and let them figure it out as long as nobody is being hurt. :)
Oh I didn’t know that! Thank you! They went into the coop themselves tonight so maybe they are working things out 🤞🏼. You have been awesome with all of your help, thank you so much!!

Oh I didn’t know that! Thank you! They went into the coop themselves tonight so maybe they are working things out 🤞🏼. You have been awesome with all of your help, thank you so much!!
No problem!! Glad I could help! :) I forget if you said... are they normally together during the day and just separate at night? Or were they completely separate? Cause if they’re used to being together even some that’s probably helping too. :)

No problem!! Glad I could help! :) I forget if you said... are they normally together during the day and just separate at night? Or were they completely separate? Cause if they’re used to being together even some that’s probably helping too. :)
I somehow missed this!! So sorry! Good news - girls are all happy together now and one even started laying!! Now I’m starting to work on introducing the little guys. Hope you had a great week!

Back
Top Bottom