4 week old serama chick not walking

billiejw89

Songster
8 Years
May 27, 2015
North central WA
One of our 4 week old serama chicks isn't walking. This has been going on for about 5 days now. She is the only one that acts like this. I figured she had botulism because I examined their chick starter and it had mold growth in it. I also found some bright green poop in the bedding. I cleaned out the brooder and got new feed. She eats and drinks well and walks to the food and water when I refill them. She is unstable and shakes.
I feed her boiled egg every morning and they get medicated chick starter during the day. I have tried dissolving vitamin b12 tablets in the water. I also tried vitamin electrolyte mix that has riboflavin. She isn't worse, but she isn't better. Will she ever walk again? Should I do therapy with her? If so, how do I do that?
I have been handling her a lot keeping her away from the others. I noticed that I haven't seen her poop.
Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!

Anyone?
I gave her some molasses water last night and she pooped a large amount of normal looking poo.
She eats very well! She CAN use her legs when she needs to, but is wobbly and holds her wings out a bit for balance.
She mostly just sits around with her legs under her.

Back
Top Bottom