41 degrees this morning!

I lived in Atlanta for a while and as hot as it was down there
I swear it feels hotter up here (Connecticut). Our seasons are
much shorter but from July 15th through August 15th we get
these 90+ degree, 90% humidity days that make me downright ill.
Ozone levels are so high and air quality is so poor (well, not L.A. poor).
Oh yeah, I work outside so it's even worse.

How I miss 45 degree days. Jeans and tshirt weather for me.

Amen, Hallelujah, let the choir sing Trisha. There's nothing like trying to adjust your bra only to realize that it has become a permanent part of your body!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
You do realize we live on the east coast and have days with 100% humidity!!!! Y'all on the west coast don't know hot until you have wet, sticky hot. I'll package up some humidity for you so your hair can stick to your neck and your pants can stick to your butt and sweat when you're standing still.
lau.gif

I'll take your nice dry heat any day!!!
gig.gif

Well, I know you have humidity, but do you know that we do in the summer, too. Believe me I know the pants stuck to the butt thing well. What a lot of people don't know is we have a monsoon season from about mid July to end of Ausust that makes our humidity spike from 0% to 75%. I know, I know, it's no 100%, but it's very uncomfortable. Besides have you ever been outside on a 118* day or even our record 122* day? Holy Cow!!! You feel like your skin is instantly frying and you haven't even walked out in the sun yet!!
th.gif
Ouch! Well, I'm not trying to start a who has the worst weather war, because we all have things to complain about. I just wish I could have a 41* morning just a few times in the middle of summer! It would be such a nice break.

BTW, Southern28Chick, I've been reading the thread on your soaps and they sound great!!!
clap.gif
So, are all store bought soaps bad for your skin (ie Dove)?

Last edited:
Oh my, we barely got up to 68 degrees here, it was freezing and seemed like fall weather. By the middle of the week, it is supposed to be much hotter and humid and so it seems summer will be back for us again!!

Quote:
You do realize we live on the east coast and have days with 100% humidity!!!! Y'all on the west coast don't know hot until you have wet, sticky hot. I'll package up some humidity for you so your hair can stick to your neck and your pants can stick to your butt and sweat when you're standing still.
lau.gif

I'll take your nice dry heat any day!!!
gig.gif

Well, I know you have humidity, but do you know that we do in the summer, too. Believe me I know the pants stuck to the butt thing well. What a lot of people don't know is we have a monsoon season from about mid July to end of Ausust that makes our humidity spike from 0% to 75%. I know, I know, it's no 100%, but it's very uncomfortable. Besides have you ever been outside on a 118* day or even our record 122* day? Holy Cow!!! You feel like your skin is instantly frying and you haven't even walked out in the sun yet!!
th.gif
Ouch! Well, I'm not trying to start a who has the worst weather war, because we all have things to complain about. I just wish I could have a 41* morning just a few times in the middle of summer! It would be such a nice break.

BTW, Southern28Chick, I've been reading the thread on your soaps and they sound great!!!
clap.gif
So, are all store bought soaps bad for your skin (ie Dove)?

My honeymoon was in Vegas and it was in June (3 years ago). It was pretty hot but I liked the dry heat better than crazy humidity. I think we all have extreme weather in all states. In mine it's heat, humidity and drought.
hmm.png

As far as the soap goes, most commercial soap companies extract the soaps natural glycerin during the soap making process. The commercial companies then sell the glycerin as a byproduct. Glycerin is the part of the soap that moisturizes your skin and most commercial companies (even Dove) extracts that glycerin. I can't use store bought soap, it KILLS my skin.

Quote:
Thats what I think about the winter!! If I can just make it through..........It snows so much here.
sad.png

I am already dreading walking through 2 feet of snow to bring the chickens water, and I haven't even had to do it yet. I also know I'm going to feel bad for them on days when it's a blizzard and they are cooped up inside.

Quote:
Thats what I think about the winter!! If I can just make it through..........It snows so much here.
sad.png

I am already dreading walking through 2 feet of snow to bring the chickens water, and I haven't even had to do it yet. I also know I'm going to feel bad for them on days when it's a blizzard and they are cooped up inside.

And that's why I live where I live. My hubby doesn't do cold weather. And I would rather not deal with snow! Good luck! At least you will have your BYC people to keep you company when you are all "cooped-up" in the house (or at least when the blizzard hasn't knocked it out!).

Back
Top Bottom