41 eggs in the incubator and the power went out!

Same thing happened to
Me. 11 th no
Electricity for at
Least 2
Hours..... maybe more.
I had 7 eggs. 4 turned out not to be fertile. 1 died inside
The egg and two
Hatched. Only one
Lived and she is healthy and happy. Her name is little lucky Beckett

UPDATE DAY 19... 4 Pips so far and a couple of shaky eggs!

Ashley, Just a reminder, did you remember to up the humidity and stop turning the eggs now as your now on lockdown. If you have a turner you need to remove it or turn it off depending on what your incubators instructions tell you to do. Best of luck can't wait to see pictures of your little ones soon.

​Ashley,  Just a reminder, did you remember to up the humidity and stop turning the eggs now as your now on lockdown.  If you have a turner you need to remove it or turn it off depending on what your incubators instructions tell you to do.  Best of luck can't wait to see pictures of your little ones soon.

Thank you so much for checking in on me! I did remember to take out the turner and up the humidity. I took out one little red plug for more oxygen and will take the other one out after hatch. Im a bit nervous now though because the humidity is fluctuating a bit. My four & seven year old girls and I are sleeping together in the room with the bator so we can keep listening to the little chirps! LOL They're asleep but I'm a nervous wreck as though I'm waiting for a human baby to be born! Lol

Last edited:
Very good! I had had seven out of eight eggs hatch in one incubator. With all of them doing well. But only five chicks out of fourteen eggs in the other. Two eggs had blood rings, three died in the egg and four were weak and did not make it. Five are better than none. Especially since they were purchased eggs. Best of luck on your hatch! Glad you gave them a chance and seen it through.

Very good! I had had seven out of eight eggs hatch in one incubator. With all of them doing well. But only five chicks out of fourteen eggs in the other. Two eggs had blood rings, three died in the egg and four were weak and did not make it. Five are better than none. Especially since they were purchased eggs. Best of luck on your hatch! Glad you gave them a chance and seen it through.

I sure will! Three out of 28 are fully hatched so far. Still a very early Day 20. Others are rocking, pipping, pipped and zipping!

Wow sounds like lots going on at your house this weekend. Boy I need some fertile eggs so I can get into this incubation addiction to only a few hens here and a few chicks we bought.

Wow sounds like lots going on at your house this weekend.  Boy I need some fertile eggs so I can get into this incubation addiction to only a few hens here and a few chicks we bought.

Number four is out now! Our first blonde! One of the black ones is tiny, not opening eyes, and I think has a bit of intestines hanging out, (he had the yolk sac attached as well)

Where are you located? I actually have more fertile eggs I'm ready to set as soon as these are done. If you are close, I'll pass em out! Nothing like facilitating a healthy addiction! Lol

My husband is gonna s*** a brick! LOL He says Im an addict, and the girls are just as bad as I am....Well now there are some addictions I am just fine with passing down! If none buys the chicks or hens, we will have eggs to eat and sell...If no one buys them, I'll not have a single friend want for eggs as long as I have laying hens...And if we ever have to move to a place that doesn't accept chickens, our freezer will be full.

My wife says I am addicted as well! As I am on my eighth setting of eggs. It is hard to argue. Her and the kids do enjoy having the chicks and has all of them spoiled. My welsummers started hatching on day 18. I went down to take the eggs out of the turner and start the lockdown. Only to discover that two had already hatched out. It has been unseasonably warm here. Temps in the mid to high eighties the week that I was collecting eggs to set. Pretty sure they started developing in storage. No power outages during the incubation period and my own fresh eggs, I had a 100% hatch! 25 out of 25. First time I have had a 100% hatch in my Hovabator. I have twelve more eggs due to hatch in two weeks. I promised my wife I would clean up the last incubator and put it away. I do have a broody Silkie hen, though.

Back
Top Bottom