42 eggs in the bator! Day one!!!

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
My Genesis 1588 bator came yesterday. I set it up and let it regulate over night. Earlier this afternoon, I put 42 eggs in the bator and now have the long wait ahead of me. I have 24 Delaware eggs, 15 Blue Orpington eggs, 2 Serema eggs, and 1 EE egg in the bator!
woot.gif
Wish me luck on my first ever hatch!!!
fl.gif

I forgot to add that the temp is holding steady and 100 degrees and the humidity level is steady at 51%.
smile.png

Last edited:
Best of Luck to you and those pullets. lol all girls right. Also looking forward to sharing this adventure with you. Please keep us informed.

Dilly

Here's to you having a great first hatch!...You did buy a very thick novel to read or are planning a shopping trip or going out to dinner and the movies for day 21 right?..
big_smile.png

Quote:
LOL! I am actually going to be home for most of that day. I will probably go crazy! I guess I will have to plan something to do. My kids keep me busy, so that will help.
smile.png

Quote:
Me too! I think I MIGHT try some silkies next time around. Or MAYBE just try some Barred Rocks or Wyandottes. We will have to see! Thank heavens I have 21 days to figure it out! LOL!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom