Easter Eggers = THE BEST. I freakin love mine so much!
If your lookin for social, do not go with Rhode Island Reds. Mines a constant crab and she has caused bruises on my face with her wings alone.
I say go for the cochins also
smile.png

Good luck! I hope this helps!

I have several, all of different breeds, who like to be given extra attention and will sit in my lap or follow me around (even when I don't have treats).

Black Australorps have been really good for this... Each one I've had has been affectionate and talkative.

Cochins are a good bet. Plus it's so adorable to see them shuffle around in the "bedroom slippers."

My Barred Rock hen was very friendly, affectionate and talkative.

Delawares are also friendly and people-oriented.

For sweet, friendly,quietly talkative,follow you around constantly and very curious chickens I swear by our Black Australorps! They eat out of our hands and will sit in your lap for their treats. If we could have only one breed the Australorps would be it! They are also great egg producing girls.

Buff Orpingtons are also friendly birds and easy-going.

Our Welsummers came to us about 20 months old and had very little human interaction and before us and had been torn up by overactive roosters but they are coming to be big pests...uh... I mean pets also. I really think if we had raised them from day-old chicks they would be as tame and friendly as our Australorps.

Good Luck!
Larry

I have 2 buff orpingtons, 1 light brahma and an ee. They are all so loving and and all of them always come and sit with me. It may sound silly but I love to read books out in the run with my chickies and they will come and snuggle on my lap or shoulder (just like a cat) all the time
big_smile.png

63203_imgp0347.jpg

Back
Top Bottom