4H Cloverbuds

NS2A

Songster
12 Years
Jun 11, 2007
Minnesota
My daughter will be 5 in the summer and we are thinking about getting her started in the 4H Cloverbuds program in the fall.

Has anyone had their kids through it? Is it worth the time? From what I see it's more "craft" oriented, and see the value in it, but is there an agricultural aspect to it?

Or just general thoughts or impressions would be helpful.

WEll, the meetings tend to be more craft focused for cloverbuds. That has to do with th efact that you have 5 year old up to 8 year olds and they are trying to do something that all will enjoy. The GREAT part of 4-H are the project books!! You get 2 for free and than each one over that is around $3.00 each. They get to pick whatever they want which is great!!! My 5 year ol dis doing chickens (surprise), microwave magic, and creepy crawlies (entomology). They have tons of option sthough. They have gardening, animals, cooking, sewing, business, outdoor stuff and camping, photography, theatre, robotics, etc. You name it and they have a booklet on it. I LOVE 4-H. The bonus is all of the competitions that are great and free and fun!!! Oh and did I mention that if you participate in the poultry chain you can get up to 16 chicks for free each year????
WE LOVE 4-H!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom