4th Annual BYC NYD Hatch-a-long

You can add them on the correct days so that they all hatch for the NYD hatch. :) I'm doing the same with some duck and chicken eggs. My duck eggs were set half an hour late, but when I hatched the parent stock out, they actually hatched out three days early, so who knows when they'll actually hatch. Goofy pekins. The parents still have a mind of their own, lol.

I have a question I joined the hatch along or I think I did it right . But I have serama and jumbo brown quail and my button even laid an egg today , my question is do I have to pick one to use for the hatch along or can I add each on there own day so they are all due the same day?. Thank you

You set each on their respective day so they all hatch Jan 1

OK, I'm in. I was going to sit this winter out, but that would be a big gap in my Iowa Blue project and my pullets are laying now. Besides I gotta see what my new boy will throw.

Hi Kari

Today at 12 noon i set my pekin eggs!
smile.png
plus 8 chicken eggs for a christmas day hatch.
wink.png
I will be adding more for nyd hatch the 11.
clap.gif

Did you guys know that if you type in your chicken breed in Google, some of your pictures can be in the spot where they show pictures. I was looking up Columbian d'Uccles and was looking at the pictures and saw my Marans/d'Uccle mixes on there, I was shocked because I don't know how they got there. Also I just found out, you can copy a picture of someone, and do a search on Google image and see if they are who they say they are. Call me crazy, but the internet knows all.

That's straight up creepy!
Ditto, I knew about the first, but the second? Wow. And what's really bad is, I've always been very careful about not posting pictures of myself on the internet because it creeps me out that it's so public, yet my family have posted pictures of me on facebook multiple times, and it's like the cat is out of the bag
he.gif
I really like my anonymity and privacy (otherwise I woulda gone into acting or something, right, LOL)
I have a question I joined the hatch along or I think I did it right . But I have serama and jumbo brown quail and my button even laid an egg today , my question is do I have to pick one to use for the hatch along or can I add each on there own day so they are all due the same day?. Thank you
You HAVE to set them all for the NYD hatch, 'cause I think I guessed high.........
lau.gif

Is it still to early to peek at the serama eggs I sent you O.O

Not at all, I checked them on day four (a day or two ago, lol) and found six little pink blobs in there, lol. The one looked like it tried to start, but just couldn't get a good leg on life, probably because of the way they were manhandled on the trip! I haven't been able to see anything in the coturnix eggs yet, but I have never been 100% reliable on candling them, and that's usually not until day seven of incubation, lol.

Thats awsome between getting lost for a day and being handled roughly I was worried. With the jumbo brown all I can tell is if they look blusish clear about halfway thru thre no good but besides that I have never been able to tell with them eather .
LOL my button laid an egg again so I migt have to set eggs on three diffrent times to get them all right for NYD , I have a test batch in there now that will be haching between 6th and 9th depending on if they want to hatch on the right days . Hopefully even if they all wait till the 9th or even the 10th it gives me a day to break it down and clean it out .
I should set the serama eggs onthe set chickn egg set date right or do they have there own set date?

Back
Top Bottom