4th Annual BYC NYD Hatch-a-long

Yes they arrived great. All are ok. Thank you! I am excited about hatching them. Have them resting now and will put in incubator very soon. :)
Thanks Michael

Mystery solved! I just got an email back from the person I bought the eggs from and she said one of the hens she was told was a RIR but later found out it was a RIR/Americauna cross. She said she didn't know I was going to hatch them so she didn't tell me.

WELCOME!! Yes BYC and all the amazing fun and awesome people are very addicting! You will meet tons of friends here that will be GREAT enablers...not that we are not ALL already hatchaholics bahahaha
[COLOR=000000]I finally became a member of BYC a few days ago after seeing information about the[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]4th Annual BYC New Year Day Hatch-along.  What FUN!!!  As a new member, I had no idea how very additive BYC is and very exciting to see what other people are doing.  It occurred to me last night how lucky I am to have an automatic egg turner.  I grew up on a 100 acre ranch in[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]Texas[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]and remember my Mother turning eggs in our “little brown hen” incubator.  Loved seeing the chicks hatch as a child and very exciting to share this with my own children.[/COLOR]

What do you mean? Like If I dont post a pic i cant participate?

hide.gif
Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you.

Glad others have reassured you.......Hatch on!!!!!!

Welcome Jessiey and Greenrisingfarm!! Hope you enjoy the hatch along and glad to have you
welcome-byc.gif

For anyone who had been interested in my little invention, I just entered it into the contest located HERE
I hope everyone likes it!! I am happy to answer any and all questions regarding my invention and look forward to making Beta models available for a few BYC members to test for me!

AND OF COURSE!! Hope everyone's hatch is going well, and for those of us who are still waiting for the PO to get our eggs to us....HANG IN THERE!! Sending WOOSAAAAH vibes your way
fl.gif

I"ve got a question for one of the mods for this thread. I"ve seen it has been asked by several others but i haven"t seen an answer. If the " Guess How Many Eggs Are Set " contest run till dec.31, Whats to keep someone from counting the eggs in the pictures of eggs set. IMO guesses for this contest should be closed any time now to keep it fair. Just my .02 cents.
idunno.gif

Hey Chigita, What contests are open right now? I know the holiday calender, and how many eggs.
ahhh! another vic... I mean inquiry! ( I am cheating and re-posting)
Here is the status of the contests today ! To find out more about these
contests please go to the link of the first page. Week one contest
are now OPEN! . Look at the contest page to see the full list of
incredible prizes including GREENFIRE FARMS GIFT CERTIFICATES BRINSEA INCUBATORS
, BIG OL BIRD POULTRY SUPPLEMENT AND MANY BYC INDIVIDUALS...THANK YOU
ALL!.
SEE THE THREADS IN VARIOUS FORUMS FOR THE SPONSORED CONTESTS!

TOTAL NUMBER OF EGGS SET! Prize brinsea incubator. Open to all of
BYC. It has its own thread now!.

AN OPPORTUNE TIME! first prize has been awarded, we are onto prize 2!
It could come at any time post people POST!! The next prize is
Mystery eggs by mnstricer! you want those eggs they are as good as all
the advice shes been giving us here.

KYtinpusher has a Random poster award that could come at any time
too! we like random excitement! Prize is hatching eggs! hatching eggs
leads to more chickens. More chickens is good!

EGG ART CONTEST: Celtic Oaks farms is offering geese for the most
creative egg art. All eggs are welcome. I have seen some AMAZING egg
art from you people, post it on the thread before lockdown on the
28th.

BEST HATCH RATE, BEST SMALL HATCH RATE , and WORST HATCH RATE are
all open too. See thread for more details.

BEST BROODY HEN on the nest Photo! do you have a determined hen?
snap her in action this week and post!

CELEBRITY CHICKEN LOOK ALIKE CONTEST . Open to all of BYC .

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]and the GUESS HOW MANY EGGS THE CHAIRS WILL HATCH! contest...[/FONT]
The Sponsored contests are all open now too! everything is listed on the [FONT=arial, sans-serif]
for those of you interested in this one, remember my eggageddon last night, i could have a challenged hatch rate.
[/FONT]

The Sponsored contests are all open now too! everything is listed on the Contest page
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/4th-annual-byc-nyd-hatch-along-contests

Back
Top Bottom