4th Annual BYC NYD Hatch-a-long

all the cute baby chicks. I need to take pictures of mine soon. That all look adorable

yes cluck they both look like cockerels..you will need another week to tell for sure.

Yeah, I had a dozen BCM arrive, PO left them in the snow. Bottom two eggs were frozen, all the eggs felt so cold. 5 started to develop, 1 is still with us, will see in a week if it hatches.

Just ordered in some heat packs, both for eggs and for shipping out corn snakes this season (yes, I raise those, too). Ordered some foam shippers 3 weeks ago, but haven't heard a thing from the seller during that time.
somad.gif
Good thing I wasn't counting on them that week or anything. Sheesh. Sent out a "what's going on" email this week. Grumble.
I think I got lucky with my SP Rock/Iowa Blue crosses, I thought at least half of them would have been frozen before I collected them each evening, but I only pulled 3 out at my 7 day candle last night. Still have 20 out of 23 developing. I guess it takes more than I expected to freeze them to the point of un-viability!
The NYD ducks have gotten so big! They have started to spend the days outside and sleeping indoors for the next week.
Wow, they are huge! Looks like you have some nice sun there today.

UGh my owner showed up unexpectedly and says he has been getting complaints about the birds so they have to go.
duc.gif
. I have talked to anyone close enough to be able to hear them and they all say they dont have a problem
he.gif
, I wish people woudnt lie to me . Im not a agressive or angry person Im always quite and polite they have no reason to say one thing to me and one thing to someone else.
Uncle Dave will take the quail. So now Ineed to find a home for the button quail and the chickens.
I am truly sorry that this is happening to you.
hugs.gif

Who ordered the deep freeze up here? Its past 10:00 in the morning and it is still -17* F and with the wind chill -43*F. All the chickens are locked up and I'm going out soon to give them some more scratch and some warm food. I hope everyone makes it okay through the week. Luckily, today and tomorrow are supposed to be the coldest days. Still below 0* the rest of the week. The last 2 weeks of January and first 2 weeks of February seem to be when we get these Arctic Blasts.

How is everyone else's weather?

Who ordered the deep freeze up here? Its past 10:00 in the morning and it is still -17* F and with the wind chill -43*F. All the chickens are locked up and I'm going out soon to give them some more scratch and some warm food. I hope everyone makes it okay through the week. Luckily, today and tomorrow are supposed to be the coldest days. Still below 0* the rest of the week. The last 2 weeks of January and first 2 weeks of February seem to be when we get these Arctic Blasts.

Same as yours!!
lau.gif

th.gif
thats crazy

Right now it's -8 with a -24 degree windchill, so not as bad as you guys have it, but still pretty dang cold. I brought in my sizzle, he's full of blad spots and I didn't want to risk it. Everyone else is snuggled up in the barn, I'll go down and give them another bale of hay to snuggle in. The barn door blew off when the wind picked up the other day, so it's not completely sheltered and it's pretty cold. I sure hope they do ok. What do you mean by warm food?

I sure hope it gets warmer fast because I have 55 chicks being shipped on Wednesday and they'll arrive on Friday. I cantacted them and they told me the chicks would be fine even in the 0 degree weather, but I'm not so sure. All I can do is hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom