4th Annual BYC NYD Hatch-a-long

OH MY GOODNESS!!! WHAT'S THIS!?!?!

A brand new forum section: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16184/hatch-a-longs

A brand new thread: The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

wee.gif

celebrate.gif

(tell your friends!!
big_smile.png
)
YIPPY!! on it! Gotta catch some eggs too!!

I have a tracking number for my eggers from cpartist and Dick Horstman just e-mailed to let me know my "clutch" from him will be sent tomorrow morning so...  they're all on their way to me or will be soon. Yay!  Looks like I'll be participating in the hatch-along and I didn't know for sure if I would be able to. =]

Hi CluckyCharms
How are your Dick Horstman chicks doing. Please post pictures.

I knew it was coming soon... The girls have been red for a while now and the rooster is crowing his fool,head off!! I'm so tempted to,throw it in the bator, but it is SO tiny!

I knew it was coming soon... The girls have been red for a while now and the rooster is crowing his fool,head off!! I'm so tempted to,throw it in the bator, but it is SO tiny!
yea the ones I have been getting are smaller also. I have 2 that hatched last Thanksgiving that have been laying for about 5-6 weeks. Those eggs were smal, now almost normal. I have 4 WL from this hatch a long that have been red, like you said for awhile. I have gotten 2 eggs from one of them and a couple of dud eggs ( no shell) so I know they are getting ready to be laying machines. I have some olive eggers I am anxiously waiting to see an egg from.:)

Most of my NYD chicks are either EE or OE. All I have now is brown layers, so I am super excited for these girls to start laying!! I also have a GORGEOUS Ameraucana roo from that hatch in there with them, so I'm excited to hatch some of their eggs! The egg they laid was tiny and white.... Hmmmmm....

KandyKane my NYDH pullet started laying June 19, has laid every day since :)
although she is Maran, from a med. choc egg, her own eggs are just normal tan/brown.

sorry no pics of the egg, but here she is a couple wks prior, the day b/f her comb went BRIGHT red which it is not in this pic.

I hope everyone else is now enjoying or soon will enjoy the fruits of all our worry and work back last dec.
FeyRaine

Back
Top Bottom