~* 4th annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey/Chicken hatchathon! *~

Welcome Jesshan8, hoping to gather more people as we get closer to the set date, approximately 1 month away from setting eggs. I will have to dig out the incubator and run it for a while to make sure it is ready for the set date.
How many were you planning on setting? I am looking locally for buyers now. No takers as of yet but I plan to set somewhere around 40ish.

How many were you planning on setting? I am looking locally for buyers now. No takers as of yet but I plan to set somewhere around 40ish.

I am planning to set about 15 shipped eggs, and as many as my brown egg laying hen will give me within 10 days prior to setting, so likely around 21 eggs or so.

I might also set some more eggs out of stock I don't plan to keep but still deciding.

Quote: Nice! I had some wild toms try and come on my property yesterday and my toms went at them in force and chased them off. I was worried they were going to follow them but they chased and scrapped with them for a min and when the wild ones left they all came marching back up to the coop.

Nice, I was hoping for a HAL to join! Got my first turkey egg of the season from my trio of sweetgrass turkeys yesterday. They should be in full laying mode soon for the HAL. So I can start saving them up.

Oh what the heck, I haven't joined in a few years (I was in either the first or second) so why not? I'll have some awesome new breeds to hatch by then. I'm getting 2 breeding pairs each of Buckeyes and Chanteclers either Friday or Sunday. 8 full grown birds. Why not join and hatch even more chicks.
lol.png

Oh what the heck, I haven't joined in a few years (I was in either the first or second) so why not? I'll have some awesome new breeds to hatch by then. I'm getting 2 breeding pairs each of Buckeyes and Chanteclers either Friday or Sunday. 8 full grown birds. Why not join and hatch even more chicks.
lol.png
That's the spirit!
wee.gif

Glad to have more people joining in! Unfortunately it looks like I can no longer edit the list of participants... hm how did Chooks do it before.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom