~* 4th annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey/Chicken hatchathon! *~

Is it normal to not be able to see much of any movement in Turkey eggs just before hatch? I know that you're not supposed to open the incubator or anything during lockdown but mine doesn't lose humidity or temp when I do it so I did a quick candle. today is day 26 and of the 6 I have in lockdown, I could only see obvious movement in 2 of them. They were developing and strong before lockdown. I did have a temp drop overnight on Sunday night down to 95°. really hoping I didn't lose most of them.

I feel it is quite normal to not see much of any movement that close to hatch day. They are very big filling the egg and not having much room to squirm, they will make movements when they pip and zip then often take long rests

X2...you won't see much movement until they pip internally.

And @Auroradream26, I have 1 of your babies from the tiny pullet eggs out & drying off in the bator. 2 more are pipped & zipping. I'll send pix of the group once everyone is out & dry. I also have 1 of my silkie crosses out & in the brooder & 1 of my ee babies drying in the bator. At least 4 of my brown eggs are pipped & starting to zip. None of these were due until tomorrow.

I'll be pulling the final turkeys out the incubator later tonight.

As I was gathering eggs this morning, I noticed I now have a broody chicken hen. So chick season is still not over yet. I'll be setting a very few eggs tomorrow in case the broody has bad results.

A question for turkey owners. I had 2 Turkey hens go broody. I gave them eggs, a couple hatched, and I pulled the poults. How long till they start laying again.

Don't know what's 'normal' in that circumstance, but last year the second attempt after hatching (and while brooding her own poults free-ranging) was about four to five weeks later, and in nest losses to dog attacks, ten days to two weeks to lay again. ,

4 fluffy and two more zipping, can't wait for the goose eggs to pip =)

Welcome Jesshan8, hoping to gather more people as we get closer to the set date, approximately 1 month away from setting eggs. I will have to dig out the incubator and run it for a while to make sure it is ready for the set date.

Back
Top Bottom