4wk BR "brooding" 2-3 day old chicks

silverfilly

Peepin N' Cheepin
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Kansas
Just had to share this oh so cute pic of one of my 4 wk old BR that has taken to brooding the day olds. all the chicks are 2-3 days old. This little BR took right to them and does not leave them alone. thing is I bought her as a dayold pullet but her comb is bigger than the others and I was thinking she might be a him? what do yall think?

5972_brooding.jpg

Kind of hard to tell from the pic. Did it have larger than average head spot? What color are the legs? It's over all coloring does look a bit light, so if it doesn't have a lot of black was on its legs and did have a large head spot, I would say boy.

Oh they're so cute!!
smile.png

About the possible rooster, I think it's too soon to tell. I had the same problem a few years ago when I got my first chicks and one just turned out to have a bigger comb.

how sweet is that??? Thanks for sharing the cute pic.

I'm not any help in the sexing department... I have 5 week-old cuckoo marans and I'm still perplexed, but good luck to you! That one's a keeper no matter the sex!

well his comb is bigger and he is much lighter than the other one, almost silvery and his baring is a lot more prominent. So I duno guess we will see

Back
Top Bottom