5-6 week old Frizzle Chicks! Hens or Roosters?

I'm really reaching here but what do you all think:

I believe I have three roosters on my hands, the one with the wattles crows NONSTOP. The one in the middle crows on occasion and the little one on the left does every now and then.. It's pretty garbled when he/she does... Is it possible that the two on the left could be hens since they don't have wattles like the definite rooster on the right?! I really would hate to give them away, I'm very attached to the two on the left but I can't justify keeping roosters when I don't have much space

They are adorable!! :) How old was your little fella when he started to crow? And how old are they in your last photo? I have a white and red that are around 9 weeks and getting I am getting anxious wondering if we have boys, girls or one of each. :)

@388chick- don't have Frizzle chickens but I have seen tons of pictures and have RIR and Barred rocks roo's and hens of my own. You have pullets. They have hardly no combs. If you had roo's their combs and wattles would really appear at 5-6 weeks old and would be bright red. As to where your hens combs and wattles are still yellow and flat. The pullets tend to not get their untill arould 16-17 weeks old. This is the rule of thumb for most chicken breeds. This is also just an educated guess. So don't kill me if i am wrong! :)

@ Also the chicks on the above piost are about the same age as your chicks and see the difference in the combs and wattles!

@388chick- don't have Frizzle chickens but I have seen tons of pictures and have RIR and Barred rocks roo's and hens of my own. You have pullets. They have hardly no combs. If you had roo's their combs and wattles would really appear at 5-6 weeks old and would be bright red. As to where your hens combs and wattles are still yellow and flat.  The pullets tend to not get their untill arould 16-17 weeks old. This is the rule of thumb for most chicken breeds. This is also just an educated guess. So don't kill me if i am wrong! :)

Thank you! You are sooo right! The white one has been laying for 2 weeks now! Bless her heart lays almost everyday! The little red still looks like she's got a LONG way to go! We LOVE our frizzles! And just when you think they can't get any cuter they go and lay darling little eggs! :)

Back
Top Bottom