$5 a gallon of gas rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
What are you talking about.....we are drilling!

Yes we are, but no where close to the area that we can be. Open all of Alaska as well as the Gulf, our dependency on other nations has got to stop!

Well... you could always just try to drive less.

Or buy a car that is more economical when it comes to gas consumption.

Or convert your car you already own to run off bio fuel.

Quote:

Yes we are, but no where close to the area that we can be. Open all of Alaska as well as the Gulf, our dependency on other nations has got to stop!

There are more concerns then just putting a drill in the ground. I work in oil and you can not just start putting holes in the ground! There is a lot of drilling right now in Montana, North Dakota, Wyoming, and Colorado. What we need is more refineries.

Quote:

Sure, why not. We can destroy some unwanted eco systems while we're drilling, too.
smile.png

Quote:
That's right. When the government allowed oil companies to merge companies shut down older refineries. Because Europe uses so much diesel they ship excess gasoline to the U.S. Many U.S. refineries are still sitting unused and could be reopened "IF" companies would put some of their enormous profits back into rebuilding refineries.
barnie.gif
somad.gif

Don't even get me started on the gas prices in this Country. The more I work the more of my pay goes to gas.
One day we are all going to be pushed to far and when we start pushing back the government isn't going to know what to do. My husband keeps saying if this Country thinks things are getting better they should take off the rose colored glasses and really look around.

Ugh, I think there was one time, a few years ago, where it actually did reach $5 a gallon here. I even think I saw a station charging $6 a gallon, too! Luckily, at that time, my job paid me mileage that covered my entire gas bill, almost. Now, I'm unemployed, but I don't drive as much or don't have to. I had to get a new car a couple of years ago. I tried to get the most fuel efficient, lower priced car I could, but it could not match the mileage I got from my previous car.

Public transportation here is so expensive, too! It can cost something like $70+ for some monthly passes. I never spent that much on gas per month and I don't pay much for insurance, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom