-5 and falling - How is everyone doing??

I caved and ended up putting a light in the coop to help with heat - plus I added a lot of bedding. I also give them cooked, warm oatmeal before bed time. It's been single digits at night and teens during the day if we are lucky and tons of snow. I'm ready for spring!

Quote:
Groundhogs day is in a couple of weeks, I'll let you know what he says..Feb 2nd. Wont be on here for long that day cuz I have to make doughnuts, so I won't get gnats in my milk.

Quote:
I really hate Florida people...Just kidding!
big_smile.png
My most memorable vacation ever, and favorite was last year on Pensacola Beach. I really wish we lived by an ocean.

It was cold out today; it doesn't help that my youngest son has been in the hospital since Saturday night with Pneumonia *and* RSV. And he got me sick! Trying to feed bottle calves when you are achy and coughing bites, lol! Going to get to -12 tonight, and a high of 18 tomorrow.

Dawn

The last I looked it got down to minus 20. Everyone outside is fine - we don't have even a light in most coops but they seem ok.

We only have one idiot bird - one of our muscovy females. She decided to take a bath this evening - zero out. When I went out to feed the grain she was sitting next to the almost frozen water bowl looking horrible. I looked closer and realized that her feathers all had ice on them from the bath. Since there is no way I can catch her in this weather without risking slipping and falling - and being home all alone - I told her that she was 'on her own'. I fed everyone some grain and it must work fast because by the time I was back over by her pen she looked much better, most of the ice had melt.

We are on the upswing in temps. More snow is on the way but I don't care as long as it is a little warmer.

By the way, I could hear kids outside playing just a bit ago - it's around -10.

It will be -20 tonight. Cold tomorrow too then a warm-up for the weekend..In the 20s. The birds had hot cereal with raisens and yogurt for breakfast. They seem to not mind the cold..Hate the snow.
Nothing better than sitting in the hot tub on these cold nights with the moon glow..Well maybe its nicer when it snows and you end up with 1/2 inch of snow on your head!!!
Ah Wisconsin.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom