-5 and falling - How is everyone doing??

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ole-crone, Jan 22, 2008.

1. ole-crone

ole-crone Chillin' With My Peeps

Minus 5 and falling. Supposed to get down to -18 tonight.

I was just wondering how everyone is doing with their own cold weather as we fall into the deep freeze?

The chickens seem to be enjoying it. I hate the thought of them being out there tonight when it gets so cold.

2. paganfish

paganfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    Whew! We had that last night...it went down to negative 10 overnight. [​IMG]

Now it's 11. [​IMG]

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    We're DANDY over here - its about eight right now I'm just about set to go run around the house in the altogether....

[​IMG]

4. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    well darn. i feel for you way up there,keep your toes warm. im not going to tell you how cold it is here. you could post pics of the winter wonder land for us that rarely get snow. [​IMG]

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    We're supposed to get more snow tonight - but there are no clouds out..........

Has anyone seen the MOON tonight? (go on, get out and take a peek)

GEORGEOUS!!!

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Yup, its colder than a well diggers bottom here! Brrrrr. That FULL MOON is beautifull! Watch for predators everyone...full moon seems to bring them out!! Be safe!!

7. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Quote:What full moon are you talking about? The well digger's or the one in the sky? [​IMG]

8. peepkeeper

peepkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2007
    upstate New York
    it's cold all right, but that's how we ROLLLLL here in the hood! We're cool! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Cold here too. I'm getting tired of carrying water several times a day!!

10. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Brrrrrrrrrrrrr! Ya'll are having some cold weather. We haven't had anything below 0 yet. It was in the single digits a few days ago, but has warmed up a little. I guess it's about 20 degrees F right now. Haven't checked what the low is suppose to be. I've closed the coop's pop door and the temps holding at 33 degrees in there w/ no added heat. I wouldn't worry so much about them if it would stay like that.

The moon is huge tonight.....it was orange earlier.

Stay warm![​IMG]

Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by