5 baby chicks, how many Roos?

texasflock1122

Hatching
May 16, 2019
We are raising chicks for the first time. We bought 3 full sized chicks and 2 bantams. All different breeds. We cannot have roosters, so I need help identifying Roos (of my 3 full sized chicks). I don’t think we will know about the bantams for awhile yet - one is a silkie. The chicks are 8 wks old currently.
One chick is FOR SURE a rooster. Stands tall and proud, red comb already, and has started crowing!
The other two have pinkish combs and wattles (1 has a more pale comb than the other, but still pinkish). These two also act like little boys, puffing up and chasing each other aggressively.
I am really hoping we didn’t get all Roos! Haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    666 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    932.4 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 13
DD786AC1-6A4E-4062-9621-1FF48D85826A.jpeg My big hen
F4FDB68F-9A58-4F82-8114-61C2BD0CC5E6.jpeg
one of my chicks
We are raising chicks for the first time. We bought 3 full sized chicks and 2 bantams. All different breeds. We cannot have roosters, so I need help identifying Roos (of my 3 full sized chicks). I don’t think we will know about the bantams for awhile yet - one is a silkie. The chicks are 8 wks old currently.
One chick is FOR SURE a rooster. Stands tall and proud, red comb already, and has started crowing!
The other two have pinkish combs and wattles (1 has a more pale comb than the other, but still pinkish). These two also act like little boys, puffing up and chasing each other aggressively.
I am really hoping we didn’t get all Roos! Haha
I have four chicks and they are 2 months old I don’t know if my chicks are rooster or hen yet ether but what I do know is that as they get older the females tail is shorter than the males tail

Back
Top Bottom