5 chick breeds

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dgunderman, Apr 1, 2017.

1. dgunderman

dgunderman Hatching

Apr 1, 2017
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I bought 5 different chicks without being told what breeds they were. I'm pretty sure one is a Buff Orpington and one is a Rhode Island Red. I'm not sure of the other three. Maybe a Barred Rock, Easter Egger and Black Australorp. Any guesses?

2. [​IMG]
    BA-Black Austrolorp, 2
    BO-Buff Orpington, 1
    EE-Easter Egger, 1
    RIR-Rhode Island Red, 1

But, the EE could also be a Welsummer, a Speckled Sussex and a million other things.A lot of chicks look like a chipmunk.It could turn out as a SS when it grows up, so post pics when it's a adult!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member 8 Years

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree except for the EE at this age, give it more time - I think it is something different

4. dgunderman

dgunderman Hatching

Apr 1, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Here is a better photo of Pippa, one of my black chicks. Some of her wing tips are white. And her feet are black and orange. I am guessing an Easter Egger? Thanks for your replies.

5. I know this is old, but @dgunderman could you post pictures of your chicks?We may be able to fully guess what your Chip,unk chick is.

6. ekar

ekar In the Brooder

May 11, 2016
    Blacks look barred rock

7. Actually, Ekar.This is a Barred Rock chick:
    [​IMG]
    Black Austrolorp/Jersey Giant can look VERY simerlar to Barred Rocks, but nope!

8. ekar

ekar In the Brooder

May 11, 2016
    Ah did not see that second pic I can see the difference in that one

9. dgunderman

dgunderman Hatching

Apr 1, 2017
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I think I have 2 Australorp, buff orpington, Rhode island red, and the unknown in upper right corner and in my hand.

10. 2Austrolorps or Jersey Giants, Correct, Buff correct, Rhoade Island correct.Interesting chick Possibley a Welsummer?Partridge rock?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by