5 chick breeds

Agreed. Unknown could be a variety of birds. We need a closer picture of the bird's combs and its legs.

Honestilly we can't tell till full grown.Both breeds have yellow legs and single comb.I am leaning towards Wellsumer, because a Partridge Rock has more of a red-y color and less....Partridge-ing?

BA-Black Austrolorp, 2
BO-Buff Orpington, 1
EE-Easter Egger, 1
RIR-Rhode Island Red, 1

But, the EE could also be a Welsummer, a Speckled Sussex and a million other things.A lot of chicks look like a chipmunk.It could turn out as a SS when it grows up, so post pics when it's a adult!
I agree. You will have to wait with the one that might be a easter egger until it gets its beard. If not, then probably welsummer.

Can you tell the breeds you mentioned apart? Maybe the answer to my breed question will help this poster to narrow it down a bit?

This is my day old mystery. Anyone know the breed?

Yes, you can tell a BR(Barred rock)And a Austrolorp apart.A BR will have The white SPLOCHES where a Austrolorp will have the FULL white STRIPE under neath his/her belly.
Can I have a picture of the legs?Comb, and did you hatch it or get it from somewhere?If you got it from somewhere, where?

Yes, you can tell a BR(Barred rock)And a Austrolorp apart.A BR will have The white SPLOCHES where a Austrolorp will have the FULL white STRIPE under neath his/her belly.
Can I have a picture of the legs?Comb, and did you hatch it or get it from somewhere?If you got it from somewhere, where?

Will these photos help? I incubated the eggs. I'm not sure which breeds the farmer had but they were given to us.

Back
Top Bottom