5 day old Blue Orp eating caterpillar **pic**

Ellie wrote:
However, you wouldn't be jealous in a month or so when the temps soar and hover at and over 100

Hey, that pic looks like you were in my pasture. How did you do that?
We were 84 here today in south Louisiana. I am all to familiar with the heat. Added to that we have that horrible humidity to go with it. It's like a steam bath. It's real hard on us fat boys!
gig.gif
old.gif

Thank goodness we don't have the humidity to go with the temps. It usually stays below 30%. I have lived in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Georgia so I know humidity. Don't envy ya:) We are going to get to 80 degrees tomorrow.. was 78 today.

The temps do get to 118 though and that is just wrong ....
cool.png

Ellie

Last edited:
Can we swap yards for a year?!

You guys are killing me. I'm having green withdrawal. The daffodils have only just poked their leaves out of the ground.
sad.png

I'd post a picture of my backyard but I wouldn't want to depress anyone - its sooooo bleak.

I love seeing the green...it tells you spring is truly here. We are getting green here to in Southern Oregon but it is still to cold to let them out during the day yet. They are three weeks old and when it is really sunny and around 70, I take them out for a few minutes in the sun but that is about it for now.

Beautiful chick.
big_smile.png
I so love the blues and did not get a single one. hahahahaha

Beautiful pics Ellie. I love seeing chickens on the greens. It has been warm here too but they are saying it will get down into the 30's this week end at nite.

What an adorable picture!
jumpy.gif

I'm here in WV, at the tip of the thumb pointing to D.C., and spring is here. So hang in there you guys waiting for the green grass...it will be there soon!
Gotta go mow.......
cool.png

Thanks for sharing the great pictures!

I'm in Eastern PA, and we're getting some glimpses of spring - but it is still not warm enough to bring the girls outside. But hopefully soon! So - my question is: how do i get them outside? I've got 16 3-week-old chicks down the basement in a brooder. How do i transport them up and out, if only for a few minutes at at a time until it warms up?

Thanks!

Love the chick pic! And your pasture is so pretty! It was 37° when I went to work this morning. Only 39° here now at 10am! Rainy, windy and supposed to be rain mixed with snow tomorrow! UGH! Welcome to the Midwest!! (I'm in western Illinois)

I was hoping to get my chicks into their new coop this weekend. Hmmmm...not looking good!

Back
Top Bottom