5 gallon bucket

Does anyone have any suggestions to keep the bucket from collapsing in on its self when you fill it full of water?
explain with more details perhaps..
1235265-37a6c6c2eec87c0fa15983d1ff7429fd.gif

Does anyone have any suggestions to keep the bucket from collapsing in on its self when you fill it full of water?
Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow

I have this issue too. Essentially the water is too heavy and the metal handle bends, pulling the sides in and where the handle attaches to the bucket is kinda pulling the attachment point upwards and slightly out, surely it will give sooner or later. I used a rope dead center of the plastic handle cover to hang it. Even bought water/food safe buckets. :barnie

Only thing I could think is making something that goes around the circumference of the bucket at that ridge spot, kinda like removable dog bowls or a cup holder and securing to a wall, maybe. :confused:

And I figure... 5 gallon bucket aren't originally meant to be full to the brim how I let mine overflow with rain. That might be 6 or 7 gallons. Also they weren't meant to hang indefinitely but rather just for carrying short distances and sitting back down.

Either way, not a perfect solution to watering... especially if it gives when you happen to be out of town or something and leaves the flock without water. :hmm

Hope you find something that works! For now I just live with it. :pop

Back
Top Bottom