5 hatched, 2 left and its been 2 days?

Prophecyx1

Songster
7 Years
Jan 17, 2016
Georgia
I had 7 eggs, on the 20th 5 of them pipped and 4 hatched the same day, the 5th chicken hatched 3am on the 21st. I now have 2 eggs left that havnt hatched or pipped. Any ideas?

Could yo candle the eggs and post pictures here? If you don't know how to candle, you need to take a bright flashlight and shine it through the egg on the round end. you should see a very large air sack which will look like a white airy area of the egg. You can move the egg at different angles to see what you see. You are looking for blood veins and possible movement. Maybe even a beak poking through the air sack. Good luck, post pics of the candling, Avery

Could yo candle the eggs and post pictures here? If you don't know how to candle, you need to take a bright flashlight and shine it through the egg on the round end. you should see a very large air sack which will look like a white airy area of the egg. You can move the egg at different angles to see what you see. You are looking for blood veins and possible movement. Maybe even a beak poking through the air sack. Good luck, post pics of the candling, Avery

There is no movement, and in both eggs the aircell takes up atleast half of the egg

20200822_133500.jpg

They're both dead then. I'm sorry.
5 out of 7 is a really good hatch rate though! I'd be quite happy with it. Congrats on your babies.
Thank you both for the help! I had my temperature go up to 104 about two days before lockdown so im thankful!

Back
Top Bottom