5 months D’uccle Coccidia or Marek ? Please help

She was treated with Corid by the person I got her from. She was about 2-3 weeks at the time.
I have a Mottled from the same person which did not haveCoccidia and doesn’t exhibit any symptoms at the moment. I will ask if they were all treated ? I know they were all in separate pens.

I feed them Flock raiser and they have access to oyster shells. I also give them treats once a day- BOSS, meal worms, flax seed, scratch, oats & greens( kale, romaine), sometimes cucumbers, tomatoes

I have a syringe with a curbed tip and I give it her that way
Offering so many treat is really not good.
She is not getting a balanced diet which can cause deficiencies which can cause what's happening right now.

Offering so many treat is really not good.
She is not getting a balanced diet which can cause deficiencies which can cause what's happening right now.
They’re only getting treats once a day. Lately it has been just Kale and I make a mix of Boss, oats, flax seed and scratch and they get 2 cups of this for 22 pullets and 4 ducks. They free range during the day and the food is available for them all day. I take it away at night

The Flock Raiser is just fine. I might stop the oats, and cut back a little on the scratch, since they are not balanced and offer much less protein. I feed mine just a little treat before roost time, but you would want them to fill up on feed during the day.

The Flock Raiser is just fine. I might stop the oats, and cut back a little on the scratch, since they are not balanced and offer much less protein. I feed mine just a little treat before roost time, but you would want them to fill up on feed during the day.
I will stop the oats, and scratch. That’s exactly what I do. I give it to them around 4-5 PM.
I didn’t notice this before but this just developed. Is this the problem?

Yes...mites and or lice are a major problem.
Get some permethrin spray immediately.

Oh yes, I must put on my glasses. I also would recommend permethrin. I get permethrin 10 by Martins or Gordons, and add water to mix in a spray bottle. You can also find the ready to use spray and garden dust in feed stores. Identifying whether it is lice or mites will be good. Lice should be treated every 10 days, and mites are treated every 7 days at least twice, and bedding must be changed along with treating the coop.

Here is a good link about identifying lice and mites and treatments:
https://the-chicken-chick.com/poultry-lice-and-mites-identification/
1579795389562.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom