5 months D’uccle Coccidia or Marek ? Please help

Aristocat123

Songster
May 22, 2019
Florida
Hello everyone, my beautiful Mille Fleur D’uccle is not feeling well.
She’s having trouble standing up, it seems like she’s walking backwards and she’s lethargic. She is drinking water and she was eating a little bit the feed. I gave her boiled eggs and she wasn’t interested. The reason I think it could possibly be Coccidia is because she had Coccidia when she was about 4 weeks old at the breeder and I saw some bloody poop a couple of times. I’m treating them all with Corid and she’s getting it every hour. I’m posting some videos with her about 30 minutes ago and a pic of her poop. Please help if you know what it could be. Thank you

Attachments

• 43CB1503-B159-4542-A2C1-F0C6E4685ECA.jpeg
    43CB1503-B159-4542-A2C1-F0C6E4685ECA.jpeg
    581.1 KB · Views: 43
She was treated with Corid by the person I got her from. She was about 2-3 weeks at the time.
I have a Mottled from the same person which did not haveCoccidia and doesn’t exhibit any symptoms at the moment. I will ask if they were all treated ? I know they were all in separate pens.

I feed them Flock raiser and they have access to oyster shells. I also give them treats once a day- BOSS, meal worms, flax seed, scratch, oats & greens( kale, romaine), sometimes cucumbers, tomatoes

I have a syringe with a curbed tip and I give it her that way
Offering so many treat is really not good.
She is not getting a balanced diet which can cause deficiencies which can cause what's happening right now.

I would try giving her some Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell 1 ml daily for electrolytes and vitamins. Then stop them while she is on Corid, and resume when it is finished. Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease? She is at the age that it can occur. Hopefully, this is just dehydration or coccidiosis. Those can make chickens so weak, that they can have neurological symptoms that sometimes look like Mareks.

I would try feeding her some watery chicken feed, a small bit of scrambled egg or tuna, or even canned cat food, several times a day held up to her beak in a little bowl. Corid water can be put into her food as well.

I would try feeding her some watery chicken feed, a small bit of scrambled egg or tuna, or even canned cat food, several times a day held up to her beak in a little bowl. Corid water can be put into her food as well.
The person you bought this bird from... Do they have Marek's disease in their flock?
Thank you for the reply. No they don’t and never did. We’re close and she would have told me.

When you treated with Coridin the past how much did you use and for how long?
Also did you treat everybody at that time or just this bird?

And what exactly do you feed on a daily basis?

One more... How exactly are you giving her Corid every thirty minutes?
She was treated with Corid by the person I got her from. She was about 2-3 weeks at the time.
I have a Mottled from the same person which did not haveCoccidia and doesn’t exhibit any symptoms at the moment. I will ask if they were all treated ? I know they were all in separate pens.

I feed them Flock raiser and they have access to oyster shells. I also give them treats once a day- BOSS, meal worms, flax seed, scratch, oats & greens( kale, romaine), sometimes cucumbers, tomatoes

I have a syringe with a curbed tip and I give it her that way

Back
Top Bottom