5-Week Delaware Roo...and possibly hens?!?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sarahandbray, Sep 21, 2014.

1. sarahandbray

sarahandbray Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2014
    Ok, so I think the Delaware Roo is darn easy to figure out. My two other solid yellow chicks have since gotten splotches of brown on their feathers (so the consensus is that they're Red Sex Link males) but these two birds are still solid white with no markings.
    They are significantly larger than my Brown Leghorns (and not as flighty) so I'm thinking they're not White Leghorns. McMurray is where they're from...
    Could they be female Delawares? Or is that just wishful thinking and they're just two more boys to add to my flock of straight-run mostly Roos!!![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I think I'm seeing red earlobes which might indicate them being White Rocks. (White earlobes would be white leghorns.) They look to have a single comb as well.

3. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    I bought some chicks this spring from the local feed store I have one that is a hen ( I hope) that looks just like your last picture except the comb is not as large and red. I was told that is a Delaware, am I right? Is that a hen????

I have a sister of it, bought in the same batch, no idea if they are really related that looks a lot the same but white with a yellowish tinge all over, It is definitely a hen, can that be a Delaware too??

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Those solid white birds look like White Plymouth Rocks to me.

5. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    If the comb is single (like the OP's), it is likely it is a Delaware Pullet. Make a new thread & post a photo!

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

7. sarahandbray

sarahandbray Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2014
    Ok very possible they're White Plymouth Rocks. Around the same size as my Delaware and my Barred Plymouth Rocks.
    Think they're both boys? I wonder what boys vs. girls look like at this stage on White Plymouth Rocks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by