5 Week old BR pullet super aggressive! PIC!

mgw

Crowing
13 Years
May 29, 2010
Eastern Wa.
We got a 5 week old BR pullet in trade along wiyh a GC pullet from a local feed store on sunday. when we brought her home she seemed to be the more timid of the 2. I went out of town to work soon after we got them home so didnt get to watch them at all. Talking with DW on the phone in the evenings to get updates on all things kids & chickens she was telling me that Blanch [BR] had A certain zest about her I didnt think much about it at the time. So when I got home this A/M I got some coffee and went out to observe her in Quarintine for awhile to see for msyself before getting some sleep so I can hit the road agin this afternoon. WOW WOW WOW! In the 10 or so mins iwatched her she spent 5 of them doing verticle leaps up & down off of the feeder the rest of the time she ran around the pen chesing bugs or Lydia the GC. she was not mean or violent with her just aggressive play. I am posting a pic maybe she is a he.
P.S she [she] I am using the term loosely now is totaly awesome. Also she came out of the same pen as Lydia market pullet.

T/Y Mike & Angie
59034_003.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like a spunky little girl! If you have her in a quarantine cage, she probably wants out. If not,
maybe she's just happy to see you!!
wee.gif

Quote:
They are in a large pet taxi, but in a 6x6 run all day. she is now my favorite, shes truely a ball of fire. My fav was ruby A black star & I still like her alot cause shes funny . This new girl just has a ton of personality, you want to watch her just to see what she is going to do next, I know I sound like some chicken nut but she really is fun to watch. T/Y for your responce

I had a super spunky one like that right off. Would fly out of the cage door at me when she was just a few weeks old and was ALWAYS on her water container doing acrobatics and in general starting flak with the other two girls. Ironically now she's the less rambunctious of the trio, but still the funniest. She does what I like to call "going down the basement stairs" whenever she sees me bringing treats. She runs back and forth along the run, dipping her "knees" (do chickens have knees?) so it looks like she's going down invisible stairs. Cracks me up every time!

Back
Top Bottom