5 week old chick hurt leg

kaileerae

Hatching
Apr 2, 2022
I have an almost 5 week old chick that just hurt her leg this morning. I'm hoping its just from jumping or something simple but she was perfectly fine last night and this morning is really favoring one leg. I dont think its a slipped tendon because shes holding it up not out. And her hock looks and feels fine. When I pick her up she can still pull the leg in and curl her toes inward. Will she be okay and I'm just being overly worried or is there something else I should be looking for? Thank you!!

It is probably just sore or sprained. I would just watch her and keep her with the others since they are starting to establish their pecking order in the coming weeks. Let us know how she gets along. You could give her a tiny bit of a human B complex tablet ground into a little treat of egg or cream cheese. Don’t confuse B complex with B12 which a lot of people do.

It is probably just sore or sprained. I would just watch her and keep her with the others since they are starting to establish their pecking order in the coming weeks. Let us know how she gets along. You could give her a tiny bit of a human B complex tablet ground into a little treat of egg or cream cheese. Don’t confuse B complex with B12 which a lot of people do.
Shes finally putting for weight on it and doing a lot better! Thank you so much for your reply!

Back
Top Bottom