5 week old peachick with runny droppings

I have purchased the Corid And will start treating my little pea chick today. For a severe outbreak it is recommended to add two teaspoons per gallon of water and for a moderate outbreak to add 1 teaspoon per gallon of water. The only symptoms my peachicks is showing so far is diarrhea and fluffing the feathers a little bit. But it is alert and curious and energetic. Would that be a severe outbreak or a moderate outbreak? I value Your advice.

I have purchased the Corid And will start treating my little pea chick today. For a severe outbreak it is recommended to add two teaspoons per gallon of water and for a moderate outbreak to add 1 teaspoon per gallon of water. The only symptoms my peachicks is showing so far is diarrhea and fluffing the feathers a little bit. But it is alert and curious and energetic. Would that be a severe outbreak or a moderate outbreak? I value Your advice.
I always use the severe amount, never less.

As an update, my little peachick "Brat" is doing very well. SHE ( I am sure she is a peahen) is steadily gaining weight, is bright and curious and energetic, and is eating very well. I have completed treating her with Safeguard (initial treatment and the followup) and am treating her water with Corid until the end of the month. I have been putting her in a pen outside during the day (a pen where my older peafowl were originally housed) and she likes the extra room and fresh air. I still bring her inside at night and will do that at least until she is big enough to hold her own with her older siblings, which are over a year old. So all is going well. Love my little Brat.

Back
Top Bottom