5 year old hen with a swollen eye šŸ˜° please help!!!

Good Morning Eggcessive! I couldnā€™t figure out how to send link where I got the bad info but did take screen shot of it. Here it is šŸ˜­... I knew it was against my better judgement...

Attachments

• 92D0BBD1-EBD2-4843-9E06-9552A8C541D4.png
    92D0BBD1-EBD2-4843-9E06-9552A8C541D4.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Thanks for posting that. I have read some good advice on that website before, but with anything we read, including advice on BYC, it needs to be filtered and followed with some thought. Valbazen wormer can be used orally, and also mixed half with water to use in the eyes at 10 day intervals twice to treat eye worm.

Here is a video of how to squeeze pus out of an eye:
I did look over the eye it looks normal on the inside of her eyelid and I tried to squeeze it out , but nothing would come out... Thank you so much you are always so kind and helpful!!! ā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤
Thanks for posting that. I have read some good advice on that website before, but with anything we read, including advice on BYC, it needs to be filtered and followed with some thought. Valbazen wormer can be used orally, and also mixed half with water to use in the eyes at 10 day intervals twice to treat eye worm.
I know sometimes I get so desperate to save my chicken I leave my brain at the coop... well I did put eye ointment in before doing so so hope I didnā€™t ā€˜cause more pain for her. I squeezed it and pushed it as hard as I dared making her very uncomfortable to point of her squeaking... I am at loss here her inside eye shows no worm or any infection... the bump is like on her cheek... itā€™s hard for you to help me when I am babbling about.. Thank you

:hugs It's o.k. Sometimes there's too much information "out there".

I found the link.

https://www.chickenheavenonearth.co...ms-and-treatment-chicken-heaven-on-earth.html
Thank you so much for replying... I have looked it over and have tried squeezing it nothing comes out.. I donā€™t think itā€™s eye worm now there is nothing in her eye. Her eye looks fine on the inside... donā€™t even see pus deep in the inside of her eyelid.. it looks normal could she have a infection in her cheek? šŸ˜•šŸ˜ž

Back
Top Bottom