5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

I am going to participate again this year. I think I am going to look for some "surprise" eggs. I want purebred but want to be surprised by what hatches. Thought it would be kinda fun not knowing until they hatch.

I am going to participate again this year. I think I am going to look for some "surprise" eggs. I want purebred but want to be surprised by what hatches. Thought it would be kinda fun not knowing until they hatch.

Welcome!

I added you to the Participant list. I am working on eggs for the hatch. I may have some Bresse lined up.

I am considering joining again this year..... Not committed to it yet.

It is always great to have you at a hatch a long!

Will you be hatching with a Broody in the house if you join?
Wellllll.... Hooligal (one of Sparkle's four Hooligan "chicks" from earlier this year) went broody (without even laying more than a week!) in a covered, wicker cat bed just a tad over three weeks ago and she has two new chicks not yet out of the nest. She might not be ready to brood again in time.

Sparkle went broody YESTERDAY in the dog bed under the TV table so if I decide to give her any flock eggs real soon, they'll hatch just about the time I need to set eggs.

So that means breaking out the Brinsea again. I will have to order some more wicking paper. There will be chicks about the place - in addition to the three 3-week olds currently in the yard being squired about by their hatch mother, Phoebe. Hmmmm.

But I have been aware of the calendar approaching December 11th and may not be able to resist the pull. :D

Last edited:
Count me in !! I don't have much experience as I am still working through my first hatch, and I just set another group of eggs. Sounds like fun. if I can identify once and for all which eggs are coming from my Faverolles I'll set a dozen of them and start the year off with a clutch of Faverolles crosses.

Last edited:
Let me know if you want surprise eggs, I have a whole flock of surprise birds. Well I would consider it a whole flock of would be EE's. Wheaten AM, lavender AM BR, BCM. dark cornish, and Olive Eggers all hens. The roosters are a Wheaten Marans and a splash Silkied Feathered AM

Count me in !! I don't have much experience as I am still working through my first hatch, and I just set another group of eggs. Sounds like fun. if I can identify once and for all which eggs are coming from my Faverolles I'll set a dozen of them and start the year off with a clutch of Faverolles crosses.

It is a great learning experience. A lot of experienced Folks help with problems and so many come up during the hatch a long.

Welcome!

Let me know if you want surprise eggs, I have a whole flock of surprise birds. Well I would consider it a whole flock of would be EE's. Wheaten AM, lavender AM BR, BCM. dark cornish, and Olive Eggers all hens. The roosters are a Wheaten Marans and a splash Silkied Feathered AM
Oh your eggs sound fun!

Let me know if you want surprise eggs, I have a whole flock of surprise birds. Well I would consider it a whole flock of would be EE's. Wheaten AM, lavender AM BR, BCM. dark cornish, and Olive Eggers all hens. The roosters are a Wheaten  Marans and a splash  Silkied Feathered AM 

Surprise eggs sound fun!! I'm going to have to get eggs from somewhere as all of my girls seem to be on strike... >:-(

What I REALLY want is turke eggs!

Back
Top Bottom