5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

I am looking at them as a last resort. I might be hatching for tommysgirl(Bresse) and I am setting up a pen this weekend for my Amelias(Crele Pene x Cream Legbar) crossed back to a Crele Penedesenca. I have a long term goal of figuring out an OE layer that is auto sexing.

I suppose I need to start figuring out the next step in the process....
You know, I was thinking about breeding my blue wheaten Ameraucana rooster to my golden cuckoo Marans hens. I think they will be auto sexing OEs according to the chicken color calculator. The pullets would be blue patterned and black patterned gold necked/Birchen and the cockerels would be blue and black patterned gold necked/Birchen "Barred." I think they would be real pretty!

Darn it! I wasn't going to hatch anymore chicks for awhile! This is way too tempting!

Last edited:
You know, I was thinking about breeding my blue wheaten Ameraucana rooster to my golden cuckoo Marans hens. I think they will be auto sexing OEs according to the chicken color calculator. The pullets would be blue patterned and black patterned gold necked/Birchen and the cockerels would be blue and black patterned gold necked/Birchen "Barred." I think they would be real pretty!

Darn it! I wasn't going to hatch anymore chicks for awhile! This is way too tempting!
thumbsup.gif
They should be very pretty!

Little chicks on New Years Day is really cut too.

I'm In..............................
wee.gif
ya.gif

Not sure what I will be hatching............
I have English Orps, Seramas, BLRW's and Buff Orpingtons..............

I'm In..............................
wee.gif
ya.gif

Not sure what I will be hatching............
I have English Orps, Seramas, BLRW's and Buff Orpingtons..............

Welcome!

Those are nice Breeds. Are they all laying now?

[COLOR=008080]I'm In..............................[/COLOR]:weee .........:ya
[COLOR=008080][COLOR=000000]Not sure what I will be hatching............[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=008080][COLOR=000000]I have English Orps, Seramas,  BLRW's and Buff Orpingtons..............[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Sounds like a great group! I haven't decided what to hatch yet, (read: nobody round here's laying).... But I gave em all a worming last night, will worm em again in 10 days and hope for eggs from the pens I'd like to hatch. What color are your English Orps? Are they imports?

[COLOR=0000FF]Woo Hoooo! I've been waiting for this thread to surface! Wouldn't be the holidays without it. :celebrate [/COLOR]

Are you joining?

Heck Yes!! I've gotta have chickies on NYD, right MsLadyHawke? I'm thinking about hatching BBS Orps and BLRW... I am in need of a cockerel in both pens.

Sounds like a great group! I haven't decided what to hatch yet, (read: nobody round here's laying).... But I gave em all a worming last night, will worm em again in 10 days and hope for eggs from the pens I'd like to hatch. What color are your English Orps? Are they imports?
Heck Yes!! I've gotta have chickies on NYD, right MsLadyHawke? I'm thinking about hatching BBS Orps and BLRW... I am in need of a cockerel in both pens.

Worming should be fine--It looks like you can wait 5 days after the second dose to start collecting eggs.

I added you to the list of Participants.
highfive.gif

Back
Top Bottom