5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

Well I'm not for sure. I got my eggs for the hatch from two different places. I tried to keep track of which came from which egg when they were hatching, but I was having a party at the same time.

One of my NYD chicks. Can't figure out this breed. First pic was taken at a couple days old, second is from today. Thoughts?

Those legs look pretty green (unless it's the light in the pic) so my guess would be EE or OE.

On my monitor they look yellow.

Check her skin and tell us if it is white or yellow. Yes, she could be An EE or OE.

The legs are green. And there is a possibility it came out of a blue egg. I can check the skin color tomorrow. What will that tell us?

The green legs tell us there is ameraucana in the lineage. That would mean an ee or oe depending on the gene combinations of the parents. I have seen that color pattern on oe's when a welsumer is used as the chocolate gene contributor.

Thats

The green legs tell us there is ameraucana in the lineage. That would mean an ee or oe depending on the gene combinations of the parents. I have seen that color pattern on oe's when a welsumer is used as the chocolate gene contributor.

That's interesting! I learn something new every day!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom