~ 5th Annual Cinco de Mayo Hatchathon! ~

I've got 3 SS hatched, 2 pips that I can see and one pipped at the wrong end that I zipped. I like them to push out themselves. If he can't make it in a reasonable amount of time, I'll help a little further.

Heading over to check the brood hens now. I wish they were closer so I could keep a better eye on them.

I just helped my last one that pipped 36 hours ago. It was too soon. Still alive but yolk sac not fully absorbed and umbilical still attached

Alright I made it with a 100% hatch on Cinco de Mayo
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Way to go Gander!!

How is that one doing??

Is it still in there. It's belly is very swollen and yellow, probably a big part of the yolk sac. The umbilical cord is still attached, but it looks like some of it may have been absorbed. I have that part covered with shell. It is moving around a bit. I'm thinking that even if it absorbs and makes it, I will have to do some work on the legs. It seems like when they don't hatch on their own, they have leg trouble.

Well... maybe I should have spent more time staring. One poult pipped - upside down, and drowned. Nice big air cell at the top side, but NOoooo.... he had to go for the other side of the shell.
hit.gif
Of course, it was a slate. I'm not really holding out much hope for this batch of turkeys, given the LG pre-cooking.
On the bright side, I candled several Dorking eggs, and two are internally pipped INTO THE AIR CELL
ya.gif

Well... maybe I should have spent more time staring. One poult pipped - upside down, and drowned. Nice big air cell at the top side, but NOoooo.... he had to go for the other side of the shell.
hit.gif
Of course, it was a slate. I'm not really holding out much hope for this batch of turkeys, given the LG pre-cooking.
On the bright side, I candled several Dorking eggs, and two are internally pipped INTO THE AIR CELL
ya.gif
sad.png
I am so sorry about the turkeys. YAYYYYY on the Dorkings

hit.gif
ya.gif
That stinks about the turkey. I had that happen with a silkie yesterday. :-( Come on Dorkins!!!! :)

My rock that I helped out is not looking good at all. The yolk sac is still there, and so is the umbilical cord. I swish I wouldn't have helped it, but I think it would have been dead by morning if I didn't. Either way I don't think it is going to make it, and I don't want it to suffer.

My rock that I helped out is not looking good at all. The yolk sac is still there, and so is the umbilical cord. I swish I wouldn't have helped it, but I think it would have been dead by morning if I didn't. Either way I don't think it is going to make it, and I don't want it to suffer.

I am so sorry

My rock didn't make it, but at least it isn't suffering any longer. It just didn't seem strong from the beginning. It was pipped with no progress for a very long time. I think it was over 48 hours. So out of 18, I have 5 rocks and 6 beautiful blue silkies.

I also have more eggs hatching on Tuesday. :) (10 eggs) I set them on Apr. 19 at 9:30 pm, so I will lockdown on Saturday evening.

Back
Top Bottom