6 days left for muscovy eggs to hutch and emergency incubator. Help

Pics
Actually i might have seen it yesterday but now i'm more sure that it's the int. pip cuz the previous egg has it

I don't know if others made it, maybe the other one did (the one of photo we talked about yellow).
I saw that he was still and blood vessels didn't shed a drop of blood when punctured the membrane so i culled him. I hope i didn't do anything wrong? I even opened his shut-closed beak and he didn't react.
Do you know for sure he was gone
Lots of little ones are born with the yolk still and do just fine if left to absorb
How much yolk did he have left ?
If the membrane dried to him the humidity is to low so let’s get more humidity going to hopefully prevent those to the others
Candle the eggs in a dark room and see if you can see any beaks in the air cell. Don’t make safety holes of they are not internal pipped yet

Do you know for sure he was gone
Lots of little ones are born with the yolk still and do just fine if left to absorb
How much yolk did he have left ?
If the membrane dried to him the humidity is to low so let’s get more humidity going to hopefully prevent those to the others
Candle the eggs in a dark room and see if you can see any beaks in the air cell. Don’t make safety holes of they are not internal pipped yet
He seemed dead but i didn't want him to live the rest of his ending life in trash outside of egg so i culled him just in case.

Because the humidity isn’t high enough yet I don’t want to tell you to make safety holes then have baby shrink wrap
So let’s get it higher first
The second one seems like internally piped too. I'll try placing water and sponge NOT under the opening. I'll take the risk and put a safety hole in this one i guess.
That one had like a teaspoon of yolk left

He seemed dead but i didn't want him to live the rest of his ending life in trash outside of egg so i culled him just in case.
What do you mean ?
I have had one come with a little yolk left and I kept her wrapped in a paper towel in a small bowl until absorbed
She is 4 months old today and perfectly healthy
I’m not understanding what you thought was babies issues that they wouldn’t have a healthy life ?

The second one seems like internally piped too. I'll try placing water and sponge NOT under the opening. I'll take the risk and put a safety hole in this one i guess.
That one had like a teaspoon of yolk left
Making the safety hole can lead to full assists as babies don’t panic to external pip on their own running out of air
Are you prepared to do this if they need help
This means every 2-3 hours membrane needs to be moist. Including through the night. It’s also about patients as you can not open the egg with veins still visible that means the yolk is not absorbed abd baby needs to stay put
48 hours is just a guideline but not all ducks follow this. Some come sooner and some later
Humidity plays a huge part in the hatching and unfortunately this was not a planned hatch so you don’t have the things needed to check levels But trying your best. Let’s see if we can make things easier for you
Can you move the box into a bathroom that has a shower so you can run it on hot a few mins every few hours to help the room stay humid

What do you mean ?
I have had one come with a little yolk left and I kept her wrapped in a paper towel in a small bowl until absorbed
She is 4 months old today and perfectly healthy
I’m not understanding what you thought was babies issues that they wouldn’t have a healthy life ?
I put a safety hole in this next one. Only it shows signs of internal pip however. Bathroom is too small and has only one electric socked used by others and temperature isn't as steady there (opened window almost most of the times etc. I placed the sponge and water so it doesn't escape through the opening instantly.
I made the hole because the baby doesn't seem to move when i candle it (2 days ago when it shaked it was pulsating kinda, like breathing or something).
I didn't think the baby couldn't be healthy anymore, i just think it was dead. It didn't move a bit and was kinda stiff like a dead chicken.
By the way other egg is kinda weird. Reddish small drops appear on it and when i wipe them they reappear after a while. Is it blood?

Back
Top Bottom