6 days left for muscovy eggs to hutch and emergency incubator. Help

I put a safety hole in this next one. Only it shows signs of internal pip however. Bathroom is too small and has only one electric socked used by others and temperature isn't as steady there (opened window almost most of the times etc. I placed the sponge and water so it doesn't escape through the opening instantly.
I made the hole because the baby doesn't seem to move when i candle it (2 days ago when it shaked it was pulsating kinda, like breathing or something).
I didn't think the baby couldn't be healthy anymore, i just think it was dead. It didn't move a bit and was kinda stiff like a dead chicken.
By the way other egg is kinda weird. Reddish small drops appear on it and when i wipe them they reappear after a while. Is it blood?
This must be your first time hatching
So when babies move into position to hatch the egg gets very active as they are turning around
After that they egg may stay still until zip time and some ducklings peep lots others say nothing
This doesn’t mean the baby isn’t healthy it means it’s resting getting ready for the big zip and push out
I’m a tad worried that you are jumping ahead of yourself with the ducklings
I don’t really know what happened with the other baby as I’m not there but taking shell off when there is still veins it means to soon
With these next ones try to let them do it
If these eggs are in a huge area and the lid needs to be opened to Regulate heat you are loosing all the humidity each time
This is going to cause shrink wrap with every baby
I’m going to tag a few others to see if they can give other advise on how to keep humidity up
@DuckyDonna
@WVduckchick

You can’t spray the eggs directly now that you have made safety holes
But you could spray into the bin away from the eggs
If you put a safety hole in the Air cell end you shouldn’t have any blood at all. It’s empty in there
No, the egg without internal pip and safety hole has these drops.
So i could spray water lets say on the walls of the incubator? And yes this is my first time hatching ducks (those with broody hen are fine and growing! Just one seems to be a runt but he isn't bullied or anything and there are 2 of them there)

Back
Top Bottom