6 days left for muscovy eggs to hutch and emergency incubator. Help

No, the egg without internal pip and safety hole has these drops.
So i could spray water lets say on the walls of th incubator? And yes this is my first time hatching ducks (those with broody hen are fine and growing! Just one seems to be a runt but he isn't bullied or anything and there are 2 of them there)
Yes spray the sides
This will help to keep humidity up
The egg seeping something could be a dead egg. That’s not normal
If it’s oozing stuff and it blows it can kill the rest of the eggs from bacteria
Take it out and check it over to make sure there is no crack or pip made from baby
Smell the egg if it smells rotten chuck it immediately
If no smell , no pips or cracks candle it to see if you see a baby moving
I have a feeling that one maybe a dead egg and about to blow

Yes spray the sides
This will help to keep humidity up
The egg seeping something could be a dead egg. That’s not normal
If it’s oozing stuff and it blows it can kill the rest of the eggs from bacteria
Take it out and check it over to make sure there is no crack or pip made from baby
Smell the egg if it smells rotten chuck it immediately
If no smell , no pips or cracks candle it to see if you see a baby moving
I have a feeling that one maybe a dead egg and about to blow
Okay i'll check it soon and let u know

Can you post a picture of this egg that is oozing?
@New duck mommy 2021
1652208383480.png
1652208469861.png
Thats the egg. Itdoesn't smell but when i candle it it has this weird shape

@New duck mommy 2021 View attachment 3100990View attachment 3100992Thats the egg. Itdoesn't smell but when i candle it it has this weird shape
That could be a saddle air cell where it goes up both sides
It happens to shipped eggs a lot but it also happened to all the eggs under my mom duck and they were her eggs that were laid in that nest
(Still trying to figure that out )
If it’s still leaking I’m not sure I would keep it if it was me but also don’t want to tell you to ditch the egg in case it’s okay
Try to candle the egg every few hours and see if there is any sign of movement

That could be a saddle air cell where it goes up both sides
It happens to shipped eggs a lot but it also happened to all the eggs under my mom duck and they were her eggs that were laid in that nest
(Still trying to figure that out )
If it’s still leaking I’m not sure I would keep it if it was me but also don’t want to tell you to ditch the egg in case it’s okay
Try to candle the egg every few hours and see if there is any sign of movement
It's not leaking, those drops just reappear after i wipe them and if i not then they just are and not overleak. I put in in incubator for now and i'll check on it.

Can you set a paper towel under that egg so you can monitor if it’s leaking
How are the eggs you put safety holes in
I put in in only one egg. No change, but tomorrow is original day of hatching. The humidity is way up and there is even some condensation on the lid. Not literal drops of water but when you swipe your finger on it you can feel it.
I will put the paper towel under it

I put in in only one egg. No change, but tomorrow is original day of hatching. The humidity is way up and there is even some condensation on the lid. Not literal drops of water but when you swipe your finger on it you can feel it.
I will put the paper towel under it
Baby may Or may not make his own pip now with a safety hole but I have made safety holes after 24 hours Of internal pip
just little tiny ones and mine still made their own pip and zipped
If it’s been over 24 hours for the other egg you can make a little hole for it as well
Have you candled the eggs today to look for movement ?

Back
Top Bottom