6 month olds to the day and no eggs yet. :(

hilaryhake

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 21, 2013
IL
I have 8 Rhode Island Red hens and 2 Rhode Island Red Roosters. They are exactly 6 months old today and they have not laid a single egg. They get a quality layer feed, they free range from 4pm-8pm and the weather has been beautiful. Their combs are a nice bright red also. The roosters have begun crowing and trying to mount the hens. I have placed fake eggs in the nesting boxes even. Still no eggs. When oh when will these stubborn hens start laying their eggs? I have never had hens take this long to start laying before! It is frustrating me lol.

They should be giving eggs here soon.. You can get some deer netting and put over the top of your run to keep them from flying out and any birds of prey from flying in..

ploub and hilaryhake - Hope your girls lay soon! It is always so hard. What type of chickens do you have ploub?

HilaryHake- It sounds like you take such good care of your babies! I bet they're spoiled rotten. :)

We got 3 brown eggs today! Woohoo! Except, I added 7 more RIRs to our flock this week that are about the same age so the eggs could be coming from them lol. Either way, we are getting eggs and if the newbies are laying the eggs hopefully they will teach the others what they are supposed to be doing. ;)

Back
Top Bottom