6 week old chick bobbing head

Smileybans

Crowing
Nov 13, 2020
Upstate New York
I posted this in the Raising Chicks section too but then thought it might be better suited here. 😅
I have six week old silkie chicks that I feed FF and non medicated purina starter grower crumbles. This past week I noticed one of the chicks doing a head bobble. Kinda back and forth, side to side, every now and then. They had newspaper down in their room but I took all of that out because they were eating it. They keep finding scraps everywhere tho. I read that she could be doing it because she’s vitamin deficient. But I’ve only noticed one chick doing it so far. If she is vitamin deficient what would I give her to help with it? I hopefully posted a link to my YouTube with the video. The red light makes it a little hard to tell but it’s the movement of her head I’m worried about.

It might be neurological. Sometimes chickens will also adjust their crops which involves stretching the neck. You may want to give her some vitamins with vitamin E for a few days. Poultry NutriDrench, poultry Cell, and liquid baby vitamins (Polyvisol without iron) are several that have E and can be given 2-3 drops a day.

It might be neurological. Sometimes chickens will also adjust their crops which involves stretching the neck. You may want to give her some vitamins with vitamin E for a few days. Poultry NutriDrench, poultry Cell, and liquid baby vitamins (Polyvisol without iron) are several that have E and can be given 2-3 drops a day.
Would sav-a-chick also work? My husband did a bit more googling and he thinks that might work. But we’re both new to this.

Back
Top Bottom