6 week old chicks, ideas on sex??!!

Hi, an update on my chicks! Now almost 14 weeks old, the olive egger was obviously a roo and our white Araucana is too (started trying to crow at like 10 weeks old 🙄). Am thinking/hoping our other Araucana is a pullet as she is still looking like one, but was hoping to get some opinions as I know araucanas are notoriously hard to sex. She hasn’t changed too much other then getting bigger, and feathers are still round. She occasionally fights the boys but overall is still more timid. There are some pics of her next to my little Araucana roo for reference, he very much looks and acts like a roo with all his big boy feathers growing in and she looks dramatically different. Really hoping she’s female 🤞View attachment 2900815View attachment 2900816View attachment 2900817View attachment 2900818
I think she still looks like a she. All her back feathers are nice and rounded, I would expect to see some saddles by 14 weeks. I say she’s a pullet :)

Chick 1: Might be a hen or a rooster
Chick 2: It's the same gender as chick 1, I do guess the chances is 80% of him being rooster, cuz he get's into a lot of fight
Chick 3: I can't really tell, but do guess it will become a rooster

Chick 1: Might be a hen or a rooster
Chick 2: It's the same gender as chick 1, I do guess the chances is 80% of him being rooster, cuz he get's into a lot of fight
Chick 3: I can't really tell, but do guess it will become a rooster
Number one and 2 are definitely roosters haha, both have started crowing!
Number 3 I’m still thinking is a pullet at 14 weeks, I posted recent photos above but she still looks and acts like one :)

Back
Top Bottom