Discuss amongst yourselves...

Rythe - Black Australorp

Rhoda - RIR

Emily - BO

Sweetie - BPR

Mary - RIR or Red Sex link?

Little Margaret - Delaware

Fluffy - EE

Some of the photos aren't great, although Fluffy really posed nicely for me.

SeaChick

Songster
12 Years
Apr 25, 2007
Southern Maine
They look like girls to me! And Mary has a very RIR-ish face, IMHO, even though there are some lighter wing feathers there...... is she the same size as Rhoda? Our sex link is definitely smaller-framed than the RIR we had (at 23 months).
Pretty girls! What did Fluffy look like as a chick and where are they from (seems like I should know that, but I forgot...)?
edited: duh, I just read your other post... Meyer..... and I found your baby pic of Fluffy, too. She looked just like our Fatima (frm Meyer) and she's so pretty now! Hooray!

Last edited:

SeaChick

Songster
12 Years
Apr 25, 2007
Southern Maine
Just FYI- Here's our RIR (now FrozenFeathers' RIR!) Hazel at about the same age. WE were SO worried she was a roo!:

Last edited:

Moselle

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
Quote:Yea! Think "girls"! Mary is a bit smaller than Rhoda; her feathers haven't come out quite as quickly as Rhodas, which make us think she might be a he. But she's also smaller than Rhoda which make us think "she". Or, she might just have different parents, which I suppose might factor in at least a little.

Hazel is so pretty!

SeaChick

Songster
12 Years
Apr 25, 2007
Southern Maine
Hazel was a pretty girl.... is I guess! We had to give her to FrozenFeathers who has roos to keep her in line: she went kinda nuts when she started laying (hormones I guess) and started really bullying the others, pecking feathers, etc. According to Angie she is very sweet-tempered now!
Here's what she looked like at about 5+ months:

Top Bottom